Big Disappointment!

Discuss everything about Honda GoldWing. Feel free to ask any question related to GoldWing.

Moderators: CYBORG, Oldewing, robin1731, Forum Moderators

Dane
Billet Alum. Member
Billet Alum. Member

Big Disappointment!

Post by Dane »

If anyone in the Dallas/Fort Worth area is looking for a naked '77 GL1000, Look out for this one!
I drove almost 400 miles round trip after looking at this one that the guy promised me it was in good shape. http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/6/0/81214260.htm
$1900.00? It isn't worth $500.00. What a deal, and I was getting almost excited about owning a vintage naked wing.
rcmatt007
Treasurer
Treasurer
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/rcmatt007/

Post by rcmatt007 »

looks great in the pics, but as they say... let the buyer beware
-Rodger-
all it takes for evil to prosper is the want of a few good men to do nothing-Edmund Burke
The question is not how much time do you have, it is what you do with the time that you have Gandalf
"One of the greatest dignities of humankind is that each successive generation is invested in the welfare of each new generation." Fred Rodgers
"it takes 10,000 hours to become an expert" ancient saying
78 constantly modified/customized since 1978, BOTM June 2015 de-evolving this very moment viewtopic.php?f=30&t=65511
76 Ltd "cookies bike" ALMOST DONE
79 project, finished, FOR SALE
'86 1200 (Beth's)(FOR SALE) with motorvation sidecar (sidecar sold) , July 2017 BOTM
'17 HD Road king and 08 HD Heritage softail (Beth's) (FOR SALE). I guess you can say we have MBS
Brant
Board of Directors
Board of Directors
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/brant/

Post by Brant »

Why were you dissappointed? What were the problems with it?
83 GL 1100 bagger Ugly Betty
ALL WE WANT TO DO IS DRINK OUR ESPRESSO, RIDE OUR MACHINES, AND NOT BE HASSLED BY THE MAN
Owning a motorcycle is not a matter of life or death. It's much more important than that.
"Don't sweat the little things, guys, take care and appreciate all that you have around you!" - Fewman
NGWclub on Facebook
Dane
Billet Alum. Member
Billet Alum. Member

Post by Dane »

Long list of things.
First he said it was rust free. The bike came from Pennsylvania and the exhaust system was almost rusted through in areas and had been painted over with some kind of black coating.

The throttle sticks at 2500 rpms, it smokes like a freight train and runs rouph and backfires even after it warmed up. The owner suposedly rode it from Pennsylvania. I would be afraid of riding it 2 blocks.

After a good warm up the cooling fan never came on.

The turn signals would come on but would not blink.
Frenchy
True Blue Steel Biker
True Blue Steel Biker
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/frenchy1

Post by Frenchy »

Dane wrote:Long list of things.
First he said it was rust free. The bike came from Pennsylvania and the exhaust system was almost rusted through in areas and had been painted over with some kind of black coating.

The throttle sticks at 2500 rpms, it smokes like a freight train and runs rouph and backfires even after it warmed up. The owner suposedly rode it from Pennsylvania. I would be afraid of riding it 2 blocks.

After a good warm up the cooling fan never came on.

The turn signals would come on but would not blink.
You're pretty close with the $500..... It has too many strikes for that kind of money! If she runs that rough, the carbs are gunked up from setting. If the carbs are gunked up, what are the brakes like? And so on...... If you're willing to dothe work yourselr, you can get a decent project Wing for $500+ (I seen a few guys steel one cheaper than that).
Frenchy
CharlieT
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by CharlieT »

Did you ask him ow many years ago it was that he rode it down from Pa. ???? :lol:
A good bike mechanic only needs two tools, WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move, but should, use the WD40. If it does move but shouldn't use the duct tape.
Dane
Billet Alum. Member
Billet Alum. Member

Post by Dane »

It had a 2003 Pennsylvania tag still on it.
QUEEENlE
True Blue Steel Biker
True Blue Steel Biker

Post by QUEEENlE »

Its approx. a 18 hour drive from Western PA to OKC (Oklahoma City)... PA tag says 2003 ...that was 570 days ago hmmmm ...even driving at a constant speed on the interstate...hmmmmmm ...traveling 1170 miles ... speed would be approx. 0.073 mph ... I can walk faster ... hahaaa sorry .. just having a laugh.

Hugs
Q
O, for a horse with WINGS ~Shakespeare
____*____*____*____*____*____*____
Most things make me say, hmmmmm
80 GL1100 [img]http://www.nakedgoldwings.com/albums/queeenie/King.thumb.jpg[/img]
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you!