lester wheels for gl1100

Discuss everything about Honda GoldWing. Feel free to ask any question related to GoldWing.

Moderators: CYBORG, Oldewing, robin1731, Forum Moderators

demonxjr
Cast Iron Member
Cast Iron Member

lester wheels for gl1100

Post by demonxjr »

Hi all

my bruv has just purchased a rear lester wheel which was sold as a goldwing one presumably for the 1000 as i've not seen any for the 1100's, so it turns up from the states but is a size 18"...did they have that size on a gl1000 on the rear? and the other question as it has 6 drive mounts, will a 1000 rear drive unit fit on a 1100 shaft/swing arm and is the gearing in it different.

any help gratefully recieved tumb2
Dougal
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Dougal »

Firstly I doubt if this wheel was sold for fitment to any of the Goldwing models. The only Lester wheels I have seen for fitment to a Goldwing were 19 inch front and 16 inch rear. Thats not to say a wheel for another bike has not been modified.
As fo the rear wheel gearboxs, they are not interchangable on their own and I doubt if they could be easily modified to do so. The gear ratios of the 1000 and 1100 units are different.

Keith
They say WHY?, I say why not.
If God had intended motor cycles to be standard, he would'nt have given us the hacksaw.
Try
NGW Founder
NGW Founder
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery3/index.p ... wing-album

Re: lester wheels for gl1100

Post by Try »

demonxjr wrote:Hi all

my bruv has just purchased a rear lester wheel which was sold as a goldwing one presumably for the 1000 as i've not seen any for the 1100's, so it turns up from the states but is a size 18"...did they have that size on a gl1000 on the rear?
No, only 17"
demonxjr wrote: and the other question as it has 6 drive mounts, will a 1000 rear drive unit fit on a 1100 shaft/swing arm and is the gearing in it different.
No, and the gearing is different too.
--
Try
"84 - GL1200 Standard

anim-cheers1

-