Which set of cables and brake hoses to use?

Discuss everything about Honda GoldWing. Feel free to ask any question related to GoldWing.

Moderators: CYBORG, Oldewing, robin1731, Forum Moderators

Dane
Billet Alum. Member
Billet Alum. Member

Which set of cables and brake hoses to use?

Post by Dane »

Does anyone know which set of cables and brake hoses would be used on this bike?

I was thinking about mounting the European style GL1000 handlebars that I won on Ebay. The handlebars look exactly like the ones in the photo.

http://www.fossan.com/gallery/nakedwings/GL1000_blck
2006 GL1800
d3210@sbcglobal.net
Vietnam Veteran '68/'69
quakeholio
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Post by quakeholio »

For the cables, Motion pro is your friend. Get the handle bars mounted and then measure the extra cable that you have, then you can pull the cables and subtract the extra from the stock lenghts. If motion pro dosen't have the size you need then they can build you the cables. I've talked to them once, and they sound very good to me.

On the hoses do the same process. While you are doing the brake lines you will want to at least consider the idea of changing from standard rubber lines to the Braided stainless steel lines. If you have to have new lines then the extra cost of BSS lines isn't as bad. Gaffer, Goodridge are a couple of names that make lines, I would list one or two more, but I can't think of any right now.