4 cylinder Wing registry.

Discuss everything about Honda GoldWing. Feel free to ask any question related to GoldWing.

Moderators: CYBORG, Oldewing, robin1731, Forum Moderators

Victorious1
Billet Alum. Member
Billet Alum. Member
RIP: 1954-2015

4 cylinder Wing registry.

Post by Victorious1 »

Hi guys, could you please take a few minutes to go

here;http://www.micapeak.com/reg/bikes/WING4/

and fill out the registry page for your 4 cylinder Wing. This info will prove to be quite helpful down the road and will help to strenghten the 4 cylinder Wing ownership base as well as helping us to know how many 4 cylinder Wings are still on the road today.

You don't have to fill in all the blanks, just the important ones like VIN, year and mileage.

Vic
BLACKGOLD
Silver Member
Silver Member
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/BLACKGOLD/

Re: 4 cylinder Wing registry.

Post by BLACKGOLD »

Victorious1 wrote:
You don't have to fill in all the blanks, just the important ones like VIN, year and mileage.

Vic
I dont know that posting your VIN on the net is a good idea.Makes me wonder what they do with the info.I dunno, maybe I'm just paranoid :roll:
Mike

Elvira-1980 GL1100 Custom
Black Betty-2000 HD Electra Glide

"we are on the cutting edge of cocking about" -Richard Hammond
Victorious1
Billet Alum. Member
Billet Alum. Member

Post by Victorious1 »

If your the paranoid type, just fill in the last six numbers of the VIN.

I should think that you would only worry about this if you run a chop shop or if you know for certain that your Wing is stolen.

If you do run a chop shop, quote some prices on parts please.

Vic
Zryder
True Blue Steel Biker
True Blue Steel Biker
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/zryder/

Post by Zryder »

Vic , I somewhat feel as BlackGold is saying , its not if you run a chop shop , but what they could do with YOUR info . Just like what they can do with any other personal info some could get ahold of . My wing was bought and paid for leagally , From a Doctor who took incredible care of now my wing , thats about the only personal info I would care to share . For any leagal reasons I would gladly disclose any personal info as such , but to throw it out there for no reason , I'm unconfertable also in that disclosure . The only difference is I have all these stock 82 GL1100 parts I will never use again . What you are doing is great for someone like me to get rid of all those parts I'll never use . But I am comfy where those parts are , by word of mouth I'll get them out or if I hear of anyone looking for such parts , great . Its this site an our other sister site that I may be able to do that in time , I'm in no hurry . But on the other hand I do se the benifit of a that info though . In closing just like ( Attilla the Hun !!! )
imsmilin ( Zryder The Paranoid ) crosso
1982 GL 1100 std. Custom Image
To my album ; http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/zryder/
Victorious1
Billet Alum. Member
Billet Alum. Member

Post by Victorious1 »

Z, have you got your license plate covered so no one can get that info?

Your license plate number will tell everything about you.

The info you put in the registry is only good for folks who are interested in 4 cylinder Wings and as I have previously stated you only need to place the last six digits of the VIN and the year of your bike in the registry if you are a very private person or insecure about giving out your info.

Vic
Bandanna
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Bandanna »

ALARM BELLS ARE RINGING HERE,AND FAIRLY LOUD. :shock:

WITH YA ON THIS ONE ZEE.........

ANYONE COULD RING YOUR MOTOR..............

THEY SHOULD ASK THE REGISTRY FOR THAT INFO,IF A LEGITIMATE "need to know" BASIS..............

I FOR ONE WOULDNT GIVE ANYTHING LIKE THAT TO ANYONE AT ALL....
YOU ARE WHAT YOU RIDE......THAT MAKES ME AN ANGEL????
Dougal
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Dougal »

bandanna wrote:ALARM BELLS ARE RINGING HERE,AND FAIRLY LOUD. :shock:

WITH YA ON THIS ONE ZEE.........

ANYONE COULD RING YOUR MOTOR..............

THEY SHOULD ASK THE REGISTRY FOR THAT INFO,IF A LEGITIMATE "need to know" BASIS..............

I FOR ONE WOULDNT GIVE ANYTHING LIKE THAT TO ANYONE AT ALL....
I am with you on this one, the last 6 numbers of the VIN with the year model are all thats neded to ring a bike. It is possible that the VIN range is small on some years for a given market, with only the last 6 differing. Esp with models with low production runs, like the 1200 plain jane and the K3/KZ 1000 models.

Dougal
They say WHY?, I say why not.
If God had intended motor cycles to be standard, he would'nt have given us the hacksaw.
Bandanna
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Bandanna »

MY APOLOGIES VIC IF MY LAST POSTING WAS HARSH.

BUT I ONCE HAD A VALUABLE MOTOR TAKEN BY A SIMILAR SCHEME.

"WE ARE MAKING A LOG" OF EVERY TYPE OF THIS MOTOR TO SEE HOW MANY ARE LEFT,AND VALUES MAY GO UP!! :-D

INTERESTED ALREADY,I THOUGHT..........(SHEER GREED!!!!) :oops:

LOGGED THE DETAILS,THEN 3 WEEKS LATER,KNOCK ON THE DOOR,ARRESTED FOR THEFT OF VEHICLE???? :cry:

WHY????? YOU MAY ASK? :shock:

BECAUSE THE DETAILS I HAD GIVEN(chassis no.+colour ONLY)
ALLOWED THEM TO CLONE MY VEHICLE,AND OBTAIN THE REST OF THE DETAILS, INC ENGINE NUMBERetc......... :x

CAME UP WITH TITLE DOCS IN THEIR NAME,FALSE BILL OF SALE,+SO ON........... :x :x

WHERE IS THIS LEADING???

LOST CAR,COURT APPEARANCE,BLACKENED NAME.........NEED I GO ON!

PLEASE BE CAREFUL PEOPLE.........

THIS MAY WELL BE LEGITIMATE,BUT IS IT WORTH YOUR HARD EARNED CASH?

YOUR SELF RESPECT?

AND MOREOVER YOUR PRIZED WING?????

GENTLEMEN............... I THINK NOT!!!!
Last edited by Bandanna on Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YOU ARE WHAT YOU RIDE......THAT MAKES ME AN ANGEL????
Zryder
True Blue Steel Biker
True Blue Steel Biker

Post by Zryder »

Z, have you got your license plate covered so no one can get that info ??? It IS against the law to cover you plates , at lease in Northern Ontario where I live . if you are a very private person or insecure about giving out your info. !!! Do you not see any and all pics and info I have provided in two GL sites ??? does that say ( If I'm a private person ) ??? I have put that pics and info up to maybe help someone , and they only have to ask , They DO NOT need my VIN . For that , and if they do want it they can dang well work at getting it . Thats not insecure about NOT giving out personal info . Thats privacy . And in saying all this , if you think I may have something to hide , !!! Would you like me to get some kind of Police report to for you're oun curiousity ????? You Vic , and any other people know about my GL . Along with the pics and info I have provided . If YOU personally for some reason would like my VIN , to satify your curiousity I can provide it , if you swear to not put it up on that Registary Site . ( I think that if anymore we should carry on to private Email Please )
So Sorry Chum

imsmilin ( Zryder the Paranoid ) imsmilin
Zryder
True Blue Steel Biker
True Blue Steel Biker

Post by Zryder »

I just mite add , this is just my personal opinion . I would never deeter someone away from doing this registration . If by and large it actually goes over big , I just may jump in myself . Later All .

imsmilin Zryder crosso
Victorious1
Billet Alum. Member
Billet Alum. Member

Post by Victorious1 »

Maybe you guys are right. We shouldn't even be using the internet because the thieves and dishonest people of this world can trace us, directly to our homes, if they want to, through the internet servers we use.

In this day and age it might just be best not to disclose anything to anyone, lock your doors and unlist your phone number and take the number off the front of your house and hide under the couch so no one can spy on you through the windows with high calibre surveillance equipment. :roll:
Geez guys, is your world really that bad? It's just a registry for Gold Wings that's all, but, I will certainly ponder over your concerns and ask a lot of questions to alleviate your curiosity and concerns.

FYI, do you realize that all the frame and engine serial numbers for Gold Wings ever built are freely available on the internet? Any dishonest person could choose any of those numbers if they wanted to become a thief. What is to stop the dishonest from using any of those numbers at random?

The sole purpose of this registry is to get guys with Wings together to get to know one another by presenting ourselves as a group comprised of real individuals rather than anonymous characters on the internet. Four cylinder Wings are thinning as the years go by and more and more people sell off their bikes for parts rather than keeping them running or selling them complete to someone who may choose the wonderful experience of a 4 cylinder Wing. I suppose if you don't have a passion for four cylinder Wings it just doesn't matter, but, for me, my 4 cylinder GL1200 is very important and exactly why I placed it on the registry.

That's what any registry is for, to highlight the things that are important.

Vic :)
Victorious1
Billet Alum. Member
Billet Alum. Member

Post by Victorious1 »

I would also like to ask you folks in the know why all manufacturers would place VIN numbers out in plain view on every vehicle if they are so critical to security and privacy?

Vic
BIG T
Gold Member
Gold Member
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery3/index.p ... ustom_wing

registry

Post by BIG T »

the reason the VINs are prominant is for use by moter vehicle and law enforcement officials. as a former repo man, i could make keys to ANY vehicle with the last 8 numbers of the VIN. the combination of personal info and VIN # makes your wing an easy target. with the cost of parts going up there is a place for stolen GW parts. i've been offered many a stolen bike for low bucks as long as i "chop" it. as for bikers we, as a group, are a paranoid
bunch by nature. I've given it a lot of thought and i think i'll pass at this time.
SORRY VIC.............................T. :| :idea: :?: busted busted
please donate to keep this site alive.

admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof!
Victorious1
Billet Alum. Member
Billet Alum. Member

Post by Victorious1 »

I won't be riding my Wing next to you T, you might glance over at my VIN and make a key for it then it'll be gone. I guess I'll have to keep it under a locked cover from now on. Thanks a lot T, you've made me afraid to drive my Wing in public and I can't afford to buy a private highway system, you've ruined my life forevermore and now my bike will just sit in a dark garage and rust away because I can't bring it out in the light where some dishonest so and so will see the VIN and copy it then make a key ....................etc. LOL

I guess maybe I'm just more trusting than you guys and it probably comes from realizing through years of experience that thieves and dishonest people will get whatever they want, anytime they want it, no matter how secure it is.

Ride safe guys, Vic
Dougal
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Dougal »

Victorious1 wrote:
FYI, do you realize that all the frame and engine serial numbers for Gold Wings ever built are freely available on the internet? Any dishonest person could choose any of those numbers if they wanted to become a thief. What is to stop the dishonest from using any of those numbers at random?

Vic :)
Vic I am curious,where is this information. I would like to view this site just to see what info is available on me of my bikes.

Dougal
They say WHY?, I say why not.
If God had intended motor cycles to be standard, he would'nt have given us the hacksaw.