Front wheel bearing

Discuss everything about Honda GoldWing. Feel free to ask any question related to GoldWing.

Moderators: CYBORG, Oldewing, robin1731, Forum Moderators

Macgardens
Rusty Probie
Rusty Probie

Front wheel bearing

Post by Macgardens »

I have to replace the front wheel bearing in my 1984 GW 1200. I cant move spacer tube between bearing to knock them out. any suggestions or can someone email me on how to do this?
gregforesi
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/Greg+Foresi/

Re: Front wheel bearing

Post by gregforesi »

Do a search around here and the "how to" will come up. You need a blind bearing puller, a big screwdriver, and a #2 Harley tool (BFH).
The puller is made by putting a saw cut down for about 3/4" on the threaded end of a hex bolt (5/8" I think?).
Anyway the process is described around here a couple times with photos.

I hate admitting this but 3 times I've put wheel bearings in GL wheels and forgot to put that tube back in. Guess that makes a total of 6 times.
2006 GL1800 (Brutus Maximus)
1978 GL1000 (White Trash - 2012 BOTY
(If you want to discuss the Trashmobile, Webers, Rearsets, Clubmans, or other stuff then send me a PM.)
"Getting old ain't for sissies" - Phyllis Diller
"So how much you gonna spend to win that $5 trophy?" - Cyborg
Pony Ruiz
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Pony Ruiz »

if you don't want to make the tool you can usually rent one or maybe buy one cheap at HF.
1978GL1000 naked - kinda sadly gone. no bike at the moment.

"The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to understand the exponential function." Albert A. Bartlett.
rcmatt007
Treasurer
Treasurer
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/rcmatt007/

Post by rcmatt007 »

gregforesi wrote:Do a search around here and the "how to" will come up. You need a blind bearing puller, a big screwdriver, and a #2 Harley tool (BFH).
The puller is made by putting a saw cut down for about 3/4" on the threaded end of a hex bolt (5/8" I think?).
Anyway the process is described around here a couple times with photos.

I hate admitting this but 3 times I've put wheel bearings in GL wheels and forgot to put that tube back in. Guess that makes a total of 6 times.
and make sure you put them noticing the directional arrows to they are running in the right direction :twisted:
-Rodger-
all it takes for evil to prosper is the want of a few good men to do nothing-Edmund Burke
The question is not how much time do you have, it is what you do with the time that you have Gandalf
"One of the greatest dignities of humankind is that each successive generation is invested in the welfare of each new generation." Fred Rodgers
"it takes 10,000 hours to become an expert" ancient saying
78 constantly modified/customized since 1978, BOTM June 2015 de-evolving this very moment viewtopic.php?f=30&t=65511
76 Ltd "cookies bike" ALMOST DONE
79 project, finished, FOR SALE
'86 1200 (Beth's)(FOR SALE) with motorvation sidecar (sidecar sold) , July 2017 BOTM
'17 HD Road king and 08 HD Heritage softail (Beth's) (FOR SALE). I guess you can say we have MBS