Any tips for towing

Discuss everything about Honda GoldWing. Feel free to ask any question related to GoldWing.

Moderators: CYBORG, Oldewing, robin1731, Forum Moderators

DUGG
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Any tips for towing

Post by DUGG »

Does anyone have any tips or advice for towing with a GL1100? When I bought my GL I bought the trailer he had with it and have never used it. The GL came with a hitch and is wired to tow. I plan using it this weekend for the first time. I'm thinking maybe I should try and get out and do a little practice with it. From what I understand the first rule to remember is the trailer is a wider and won't fit through places the bike will :shock:
05c50
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Any tips for towing

Post by 05c50 »

I have very little experience towing with a motorcycle, but I have a few friends that have towed for thousands of miles. All agree that the first rule is "Don't forget that the trailer is back there." If the hitch fits correctly and the trailer is loaded properly, the trailer will just follow along and it's easy to forget about the extra braking distance needed as well as the extra width while trying to dodge obstacles like pot holes, light posts and other bikes.

.......Paul
I prefer to ride my wing naked,thank you
My wife asked me "How many bikes does one man need?" My answer "Uhhh.just one more"
75 Goldwing
78 Goldwing
77 CB750a
77 CB550f
80 CB650c
05 Boule C50