GPS, relay cut off switch install

Discuss everything about Honda GoldWing. Feel free to ask any question related to GoldWing.

Moderators: CYBORG, Oldewing, robin1731, Forum Moderators

Damferg
Cast Iron Member
Cast Iron Member

GPS, relay cut off switch install

Post by Damferg »

Now this is the project I'm working on now. I'll document all for hoomever is interested.
This device is a simple one and it comes with a relay to cut the current to the spark plugs coils, allsow notifications via MSN messages with real time traking, movement and start-up.

One of the problems I'm facing is the tracking device must not be under a metal surface to improve signal and the GL is full of metal so it won't be super hidden. The other is that I found the coils cabels but I'm not so shure which ones are power I'll have to do more digging.

Any how, the tracking device uses a Sim card, you can use a prepaid card and add credit as needed. Here Mexico you can buy a card with 300 messages for $7 bucks, every message gives you location or events like start-up or movement. The tracker with relay goes for $25 bucks so less than $40 gives me peace of mind in a place like Mexico City...

Have a great week!

This is the pic of the conections box and I know that the front connection goes to the coils.
Attachments
IMG_20180902_210552463.jpg
IMG_20180902_210552463.jpg (166.71 KiB) Viewed 69 times