Arm Rests

Discuss everything about Honda GoldWing. Feel free to ask any question related to GoldWing.

Moderators: CYBORG, Oldewing, robin1731, Forum Moderators

wingrider95
Rusty Probie
Rusty Probie

Arm Rests

Post by wingrider95 »

New owner. Purchased arm rests for GL1500. installed, but they seem to swing in and out on thier own. Is there any way to have them lock in place after passenger is on board?
Try
NGW Founder
NGW Founder
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery3/index.p ... wing-album

Re: Arm Rests

Post by Try »

wingrider95 wrote:New owner. Purchased arm rests for GL1500. installed, but they seem to swing in and out on thier own. Is there any way to have them lock in place after passenger is on board?
Welcome to GoldWing Talk Wingrider95 :-D

Are the armrest original?
--
Try
"84 - GL1200 Standard

anim-cheers1

-
wingrider95
Rusty Probie
Rusty Probie

arm rests

Post by wingrider95 »

No, they are after market thru e-bay. Seller says that 100's of these have been sold with no complaints but I cant believe no one is compaining about arm rests that swing in the breeze or your passenger feels like they have to hold them in instead of resting on them. Any ideas?
By the way, thanks for the welocme. Always wanted a Wing and now I really am pleased with it. It is really Cruising at its finest!! :-D
Try
NGW Founder
NGW Founder
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery3/index.p ... wing-album

Re: arm rests

Post by Try »

wingrider95 wrote:No, they are after market thru e-bay. Seller says that 100's of these have been sold with no complaints but I cant believe no one is compaining about arm rests that swing in the breeze or your passenger feels like they have to hold them in instead of resting on them. Any ideas?
No I'm sorry, I can't help you. May Teus (another member here) can help?
wingrider95 wrote: By the way, thanks for the welocme. Always wanted a Wing and now I really am pleased with it. It is really Cruising at its finest!! :-D
Greatings :-D
--
Try
"84 - GL1200 Standard

anim-cheers1

-
Dougal
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Dougal »

Were al the washers etc supplied with these arm rests. I have fitted a few sets of these to 1500's and they should be quite tight while being loose anough for the pasernger to move them out of the way. Try fitting some thin washers between teh arms and there brakets.

Keith
They say WHY?, I say why not.
If God had intended motor cycles to be standard, he would'nt have given us the hacksaw.
Teus
Zinc Member
Zinc Member

Armrest answer

Post by Teus »

No I'm sorry, I can't help you. May Teus (another member here) can help?
Yes, I can the original armrest are supplied with lock nuts, you could try that or what Dougal said, you can also use feather rings and just turn them on tide, and you're armrest want function as a directory pointer anymore :-D

and Try, thanks for sending this customer to MY forum :-D

Teus
A day not on my wing is a lost day!
but there is always my own website
pay a visit to www.goldwingworld.com

Return to “GoldWing Tech Discussions”