78 Goldwing Misfiring?

Discuss everything about Honda GoldWing. Feel free to ask any question related to GoldWing.

Moderators: CYBORG, Oldewing, robin1731, Forum Moderators

tlbranth
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: 78 Goldwing Misfiring?

Post by tlbranth »

maxv12 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:38 am Thanks Terry, I finished cleaning the parts and will make sure to sand and flux all the brass. The only brass sheet I could find is .016 , which is only slightly thicker. You think that will be ok?
Just got home. The stuff I used was .015" so yours would be about the same. I just guessed what'd work but it's holding up fine.
Terry
Don't own a Vanagon
Don't work at Boeing
Life is good

1999 GL1500 SE
2002 Honda VT750 "ACE"
1975 GL1000
1970 CB750
Old Fogey
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member

Post by Old Fogey »

Sidecar Bob wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:20 am How do you attach the new buttons? I have the impression that the edges of the opening were rolled over after the original buttons were installed to hold them in...
Yes, that is correct but there are ways.......
maxv12 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:10 am Hi Old Fogey, Are you selling any of the buttons that you have? If so, like sidecar bob how do you install them? Ideally I’d like mine to look original.
At this moment I'm not selling them, only offering a fitting service (http://wingovations.com/pistol-petes-ca ... 4590718570)
However, after a number of inquiries from your side of the Pond, I'm having a rethink. Double shipping really adds to the cost, there is always a remote possibility of them going astray, and dealing with the total nightmare that is our Customs 'Repair and Return' paperwork system has made this thinking a necessity.
I'm very wary of just selling the buttons, for obvious reasons. Many of the potential customers would be perfectly capable of fitting them, but it's not as straightforward as you might think. You get one shot at it and if they get it wrong they are going to be hunting for a new cap and button.
In the meantime, to help the situation if anyone wants to send them, I'm going to reduce the price to $80. You would need to PM me for specific instructions on how to send them.
"Impossible Is Just a Level of Difficulty!..."
If I'd wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better! (Johann Cruyff)
I’d give my right arm to be ambidextrous! :-D
maxv12
Zinc Member
Zinc Member

Post by maxv12 »

Thanks for getting back to me. I didn’t realize where you were located, lol. I have another option I’m looking into so I think I’m all set, but thanks for the offer!