Bluetooth adapter for 1200 aspy

Discuss everything about Honda GoldWing. Feel free to ask any question related to GoldWing.

Moderators: CYBORG, Oldewing, robin1731, Forum Moderators

Gc33
Chrome Member
Chrome Member

Bluetooth adapter for 1200 aspy

Post by Gc33 »

G'day guys. Bit of curiosity... I'm not far off taking delivery hope of a rare (in Australia) 86 1200 aspy. One of the things I was thinking about is has anyone done a Bluetooth conversion on the factory radio set up?
Otherwise I'm kinda thinking a Bluetooth fm transmitter?
Do they have an Auxiliary input? That can be plugged into?
I've got a bit to learn on the 12s. If all goes well I'll collect it in the eastern side of Australia and ride it back home to Perth.
The gentleman doesn't really want to sell it but feels he may need to...
Low kms... 33000kms. No service history so we all know what the first thing to be done is....
heraldhamster
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member

Re: Bluetooth adapter for 1200 aspy

Post by heraldhamster »

was this one a JDM market? Aus? or was it possibly made in the US and shipped down?
I have the exact same year and model (US model) but I pulled the radio out have it in a box. let me go take a look tomorrow and see what I'm pretty sure there's no AUX input. it did have a cassette tape player.
there might be some sort of a Bluetooth receiver that would plug into that like the old CD adapters for cassette players.
just a guess.
sorta bulldogged custom 1978 GL1000 - "geekster"
full Vetter dress 1979 GL1000 - "Barge" (currently down)
1986 1200 Aspencade - "Heart of Gold" - daily rider
1990 1500 Aspencade - It's ALIVE! but very, very naked. not in a good way.
1978 for $100 - project in worx
1978 from a previous member here - taking up space
my original '79 bought in '91 - replacing engine (eventually, maybe someday)

H2G2=42

A competent and self-confident person is incapable of jealousy in anything. Jealousy is invariably a symptom of neurotic insecurity. ~ Robert A. Heinlein

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it. ~ Neil deGrasse Tyson