Building a GL1200 Standard

Discuss everything about Honda GoldWing. Feel free to ask any question related to GoldWing.

Moderators: CYBORG, Oldewing, robin1731, Forum Moderators

Olafski
Lead Member
Lead Member

Building a GL1200 Standard

Post by Olafski »

It's really, really odd; an GL1200 Interstate with full fairing and saddle bags in the Netherlands will cost about €3000. A GL1200 Standard doubles that price.
So what extra parts do you need, when you strip a GL1200 Interstate down to a GL1200 Standard? Is that possible at all, without having to buy extra accessoires for a couple of thousend euro's. I understand you need to fit a headlight and 'turners', but -for example- what parts do you have to customise at the rear end when you remove the bags?
Try
NGW Founder
NGW Founder
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery3/index.p ... wing-album

Re: Building a GL1200 Standard

Post by Try »

Olafski wrote:It's really, really odd; an GL1200 Interstate with full fairing and saddle bags in the Netherlands will cost about €3000. A GL1200 Standard doubles that price.
So what extra parts do you need, when you strip a GL1200 Interstate down to a GL1200 Standard? Is that possible at all, without having to buy extra accessoires for a couple of thousend euro's. I understand you need to fit a headlight and 'turners', but -for example- what parts do you have to customise at the rear end when you remove the bags?

Everything is possible, but it will cost you money. If you find all parts,
youre a lucky guy too. :-D

See the reds, parts you need
--
Try
"84 - GL1200 Standard

anim-cheers1

-
Try
NGW Founder
NGW Founder
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery3/index.p ... wing-album

Re: Building a GL1200 Standard

Post by Try »

Olafski wrote:It's really, really odd; an GL1200 Interstate with full fairing and saddle bags in the Netherlands will cost about €3000. A GL1200 Standard doubles that price.
So what extra parts do you need, when you strip a GL1200 Interstate down to a GL1200 Standard?

Or you can customize a GL1200 I/A with parts from other bikes.
This is the cheapest way to get a naked GL1200.
--
Try
"84 - GL1200 Standard

anim-cheers1

-