Knocking out a couple smaller items, and I'm happy to know I'm nearing the finish line when "smaller items" is pretty much all I have left.
New coils showed up a couple days ago, so I got those swapped over. The kit from 4into1.com had everything- coils, plug caps, etc. It was pretty much trim the plug wires the proper length, plug, and play. Still haven't fired them up yet, but I see no reason why they shouldn't work. But while I had the tank off, I took a look at another couple items.
First thing, I took at look at my wiring harness. Thankfully, upon closer inspection, the only bad part was the vinyl sheathing- the wiring itself was fine. Even better, you can find replacement online, which I ordered. I managed to cut/crack/shatter/remove the offending length, and while I good just wrap it with electrical tape and call it good, why not do it correctly? Besides, I can do $7 worth of replacement vinyl if it saves me $100 for a whole new harness.
Last, but not least- throttle cables. I forget where I got my present cable, but it's about 5 inches too long. It works, but only just. And I'd like to have a push cable as well, just in case (although with as many springs as these carbs come with, it'd take a miracle to need it). I got in touch with MotionPro to get a shorter cable made- at quote of $66 later (PER cable!), it was another trip back to 4into1.com to get a pack of both for 17 bucks. I don't know when MotionPro got so expensive, but I'm not a fan.
In any case, pretty soon all I'll have left is cosmetic touches, and I'm very okay with that.