Anybody attend the Barber Fall Festival this weekend?

Discuss anything about other motorcycles, accessories, riding gear and other motorcycle related topics.

Moderators: Whiskerfish, ascot, Forum Moderators

WingMan71
Billet Alum. Member
Billet Alum. Member

Anybody attend the Barber Fall Festival this weekend?

Post by WingMan71 »

This is the first year in several years that we missed attending the Barber Motorsports Museum Fall Festival, and I'm wondering if any forum members made it there and if the bad weather from tropical storm Nate messed them up too badly this year.

Post up your stories if you made it there!

1983 GL650 Silver Wing Interstate
2006 Gold Wing GL1800 CSC Trike
1982 CB750 Custom
1976 Gold Wing GL1000 LTD - SOLD :(
1987 Gold Wing GL1200A Aspencade - SOLD :(
U.S. Navy SWO 1967-1976
Hukmut
Billet Alum. Member
Billet Alum. Member

Re: Anybody attend the Barber Fall Festival this weekend?

Post by Hukmut »

Our group (Recycled Motorcycle Club) went. I rode my 1999 Valkyrie, another rode his 1978 gl1000, another rode his (it looks like a Triumph, but I forget what it actually is)(shame on me), and another member trailered his Honda, (more shame). We left S. Mississippi on Friday, and Saturday we all rode to the park and we were all blown away by just how many bikes were there.
Most of our time was spent at the swap meet drooling over the "treasures". One of our members bought a couple of bikes for rebuilding and/or parts, thus the need for the trailer. I was able to pick up a pair of rear shocks (that were new) for $20.
The weather there was great, but the forecast was not. One of our guys opted to leave that afternoon (he's married) while the rest of us left Sunday afternoon. Late, I might add...
It is a 5 hour ride home, and while I don't mind riding in the rain (preferably not), and riding at night, (again, preferably not), I really prefer not to ride at night in the rain. However, It did get wet and it did get dark! After we passed Laurel, Mississippi, Hurricane Nate really dumped on us. 45 mph was about as fast as we dared to go on the Interstate 59. Several semis passed us making it even wetter. Finally, at Hattiesburg we split up. I had to ride another 20 miles thinking that I was just about out of fuel. I stopped and got gas with 8 more miles to go. The closer to home, the more I thought of that big piece of lemon cake in the fridge next to that cold beer.
And, thanking God for our safe passage...
Life is an adventure!
Definitely going back next year! Who knows, I might be able to spend more than an hour in the museum!
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.
Do your work with your whole heart and you will succeed! There is so little competition.
Come to kindly terms with your ass, for IT bears YOU!

1999 Valkyrie built from parts. One owner. :crosso
1981 gl1100 naked, Cosicud. :orange Sold!
1981 gl1100 naked. New project. :-D