Dumbest thing in a long time

Discuss anything about other motorcycles, accessories, riding gear and other motorcycle related topics.

Moderators: Whiskerfish, ascot, Forum Moderators

JSBail
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Dumbest thing in a long time

Post by JSBail »

An older brother of mine has a habit of doing some dumb and reckless things. On one occasion he had a bon fire in his yard (he lives in the country) and after one too many beers decided to toss in some disused spray paint cans he had setting on the shelf in his garage and listening to them explode in the fire. He then grabbed a can of fan belt dressing and tossed it in, I don't know what it is about belt dressing spray but according to him when it went off it went KABOOM so much so it shook the windows, scared the daylights out of him and had a neighbor a mile down the road wondering what in the world was going on, He told me what ever I do, DON'T throw belt dressing spray in a fire. I said don't worry bro, I don't intend on tossing any spray cans in a fire in the first place. :)
Scott
ancientdad
Cast Iron Member
Cast Iron Member

Post by ancientdad »

No urban legend about the acetylene tanks. My Dad was a bodyman and was once working at a shop where one of the spare tanks stored in a corner of the building was left unchained to the wall by some idiot, and it somehow tipped over, broke off the regulator and went right up the wall in the corner and through the roof
'73 CL450K5 brat
'84 VF1100S naked
among past rides
'79 and '80 CBXs
'75 and '76 GL1000s
(2) '73 CB750K3, '78 CB750K8/F2
ob1quixote
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Post by ob1quixote »

Had a buddy warm up a spray can in warm water.
On a stove.

His wife got an all new kitchen with new stove and refrigerator, paint, trim, ceiling...

Stove was actually caved in from the launch, then it shot over and smacked the frig.
1979 GL1000
2001 DRZ400
1983 CR480
And a few late '60's - early '70's British thumpers
raiddrten
Billet Alum. Member
Billet Alum. Member

Post by raiddrten »

A farmer had his barn burn down and a 1500 gallon propane tank finally got heated enough that one end blew off, it went ONE MILE. No one was hurt. It should have had a safety valve, but it might have been old and corroded?
PoolDude
Chrome Member
Chrome Member

Post by PoolDude »

One of my co-workers decided to warm up some spray cans in front of the heater in his van, do you have any idea how hard it is to get spray foam off of vinyl seats? Then again he was the one that decided to use some spray scent in his van, the entire can enough to make your eyes water.
1975 GL1000