"Newly Registered Users"

Feel free to introduce yourself, tell us about your bike or just say hello. Members, say Hello and Welcome to our new members.

Moderators: Neil, redwood, rcmatt007, Forum Moderators

Whiskerfish
President
President
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/whiskerfish/

"Newly Registered Users"

Post by Whiskerfish »

We have recently changed the registration process and it is now completely automated. Because of that we have lost our checks and balances for keeping out the Spam and unwanted advertisers.

From this point forward anyone with less than 3 posts will fall into the "Newly Registered Users" Group. That means that you can only start a Thread in the Introduction Forum. All other Forums you can respond to existing Threads but you can not initiate a Thread. If you respond to an existing thread your responses will go the the Moderators Queue and be screened before being approved and posted.

This only lasts for your first 3 posts then you will be given "Regular User" Authorities.
"Agreement is not a requirement for Respect" CDR Michael Smith USN (Ret) 2017
"The book is wrong, this whole Conclusion is Fallacious" River Tam
2008 GL1800 IIIA "TH3DOG"
1975/6/7/8/9 Arthur Fulmer Dressed Road bike
1975 Naked Noisy and Nasty in town bike
and a whole garage full of possibilities!!

Psst. oh and by the way CHANGE YOUR BELTS!!!!
norton
Rusty Probie
Rusty Probie

Re: "Newly Registered Users"

Post by norton »

Whiskerfish,
I am looking for a source to prrchase the two planetary gears in the head of 82 GL1100 starter. Starter locked up, after disassembly, found one tooth broken off and locking up starter motor.
"AMOSA" is cast into housing at mounting lug. Any help in locating parts would be greatly appreciated.
Norton
steve kent
Lead Member
Lead Member

Post by steve kent »

norton wrote:Whiskerfish,
I am looking for a source to prrchase the two planetary gears in the head of 82 GL1100 starter. Starter locked up, after disassembly, found one tooth broken off and locking up starter motor.
"AMOSA" is cast into housing at mounting lug. Any help in locating parts would be greatly appreciated.
Norton
I had the same problem, pretty much had to but new aftermarket starter(100.00) and take new gears out and polish then till the opening in sleeve would fit.
steve kent
Lead Member
Lead Member

Post by steve kent »

Okay, my name is steve, I have a 82GL1100i, I have really been doing alot of work on it, bought it from a guy that hardly rode it, ofcourse, everything that wears out, wears out with me. Now, I am about to do a single carb conversion, Everything else has been replaced, but still runs a few miles and starts running crappie, drops a cylinder. I have been riding for 8 months, before this problem accured. By the force of problems, I have been getting alot of training working on Wing myself. I am member of GWRRA, wonderful folks.........Steve
Hoosier Daddy
True Blue Steel Biker
True Blue Steel Biker

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

steve kent wrote:Okay, my name is steve, I have a 82GL1100i, I have really been doing alot of work on it, bought it from a guy that hardly rode it, ofcourse, everything that wears out, wears out with me. Now, I am about to do a single carb conversion, Everything else has been replaced, but still runs a few miles and starts running crappie, drops a cylinder. I have been riding for 8 months, before this problem accured. By the force of problems, I have been getting alot of training working on Wing myself. I am member of GWRRA, wonderful folks.........Steve
Don't know if this is what whiskerfish had in mind... So I'll PM you Steve
Bulldoged '81 GL1100 "BOMBER!" BUILD THREAD
Bratstyle '80 GS750L "OVERKILL"
Cafe'd '81 CB750C "ROCK-IT"
Basket Case '72 CB450 K5 "NO CLASS"
Resto-Mod '67 BSA Spitfire "STAY CLEAN"

rainstromrider say's I'm "addicted to the build"... I think he might onto something :)
Dragon1404
Tin Member
Tin Member

Post by Dragon1404 »

Thanks for the update, Whiskerfish. I guess i'm one of the "Newly Registered User". Wonderful people around here. Love hanging around.

With regards,

Dragon
Safety First! Style Later!
Snauzer
Rusty Probie
Rusty Probie

Post by Snauzer »

Right