It's been a while but...

Feel free to introduce yourself, tell us about your bike or just say hello. Members, say Hello and Welcome to our new members.

Moderators: Neil, redwood, rcmatt007, Forum Moderators

GrumpyGrizzly
Rusty Probie
Rusty Probie

It's been a while but...

Post by GrumpyGrizzly »

Lately I've been working on my 1500 cc GW, had a new seat cover out on it, put some fuel dryer in the tank along with some sea foam, new battery.. Took it for a ride and it quit running about 40 miles later. Had a buddy trailer me home... Then I thought "hey Dummy, you were low on fuel, need to switch to reserve.. Umm, exalt there is no fuel petcocks on it.. Put more gas in, charged the battery, spins over like crazy but not even a pop trying to get it to run.. Probably need to clean the carbs but, it's strange that it was running then up and quit..

GW #2 is my 78 that quit running on me a few years back, pulled the tank (kind of like helping a water buffalo give birth), cleaned the carbs, put it all back together.. No joy. Had a couple of guys stop by I was gonna pay to have them get it going, they must have been pros as 20' from the bike they said I need new coil packs.. They tinkered with it a bit, left, and never heard from them again..

GW #3 is an 1100 aspen cade that needs carbs cleaned and a good bath..

#4 is a 76 with the 1 piece tank, black with gold pinstriping and I want to try and get that tank onto my 78 as I already have the fenders on it.
This one is a donor bike and has a set of carbs for it wrapped in shrink wrap looking like new.

Got a few different seats, mag wheels with very good tires, other bits and chunks from the donor..

I'm thing I might get the 1500 back on the road and sell it. Dang thing is almost too big to ride. I definitely want to use the 78 and t
My son wants the aspen cade but he's in Alaska and I'm in Washington...

If anyone is in the SW Washington or New Oregon area and wants to do some trading to get a coup or three of these running, drop me an email..

If you have any ideas on what's happening wit the 1500 and the 78, feel free to drop me an email as well..

Lastly, is it a disease where if you buy a good running Wing, you soon find yourself laying out a Goldwin corral in your back yard as a dry place to keep your herd?

My name is Grumpygrizzly@gmail.com and... I'm a Gold Wing addict..

Maybe they should change the name for wing ding to GW Addicts Support Group..
Sugs
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: It's been a while but...

Post by Sugs »

Welcome to the site!

'79 Honda GL1000 Goldwing
rcmatt007
Treasurer
Treasurer
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/rcmatt007/

Post by rcmatt007 »

welcome.... it seems like you have a pile of poorly/non running bikes.... maybe a walk through shop talk and the tech discussion can help.... I live far to far away to just haul off barn find projects
-Rodger-
all it takes for evil to prosper is the want of a few good men to do nothing-Edmund Burke
The question is not how much time do you have, it is what you do with the time that you have Gandalf
"One of the greatest dignities of humankind is that each successive generation is invested in the welfare of each new generation." Fred Rodgers
"it takes 10,000 hours to become an expert" ancient saying
78 constantly modified/customized since 1978, BOTM June 2015 de-evolving this very moment viewtopic.php?f=30&t=65511
76 Ltd "cookies bike" ALMOST DONE
79 project, finished, FOR SALE
'86 1200 (Beth's)(FOR SALE) with motorvation sidecar (sidecar sold) , July 2017 BOTM
'17 HD Road king and 08 HD Heritage softail (Beth's) (FOR SALE). I guess you can say we have MBS
Track T 2411
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/Track+T+2411/

Post by Track T 2411 »

Welcome from Wisconsin. For some of us, the strays just seem to keep popping in, lol!
"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious." - Albert Einstein

"He that is good with a hammer tends to think everything is a nail" - Abraham Maslow

"If you can't take the time to do it right the first time, how are you ever going to find the time to do it over?" -Unknown

Current Rides:
'Grumpy' - '81 Standard, now fully dressed.
'Layla' - '81 Standard w/dealer installed fairing and Hondaline bags.
'Scarlett' '76 'Survivor' nekkid as a j-bird!

Under Construction:
The 'Jalopy' '78-'79 Mash-up
'Quikie' '81 gl1100I back on the lift, project with the step-son!

In The Shed:
'81 gl1100I barn find aka "Josie, the farmer's daughter." (almost comatose build)
'77 gl1000, roller parts bike.
'82 gl1100I, 'Old Crusty' titled roller parts bike (free!)
'82 gl1100I, My first 'Wing, and an expensive lesson!
New2U Bike? Read Me.
Rat
Photo Gallery Admin
Photo Gallery Admin
My Album: https://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/rat/
RIP: cookie

Post by Rat »

Welcome to the 'Windom.

Bad case of MMS ....

Gord
"I'd rather Ride than Shine"
‘14 KLR650 ... not a rat ... yet
‘84 GL1200i ‘R2B6' (Rat to Be 6, the last, adopted by twowings)
My Original 'RAT' was a hybrid '82 CB900/1100F

Return to “Welcome and Introductions”