help finding a post

From basic novice to the hard core cutomizing. Sharing tips, tricks and knowledge. Feel
free to ask question or give us your "2 cents".

Moderators: sunnbobb, Neil, Forum Moderators

UK_Andy
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

help finding a post

Post by UK_Andy »

Hi all, not been here in a while as I sold the Wing and bought a Harley but I was telling the guy who bought my wing about the reverse carb thing.

Theres a thread I cant find where a guy and his sons reversed the carbs so they stick out the sides of the bike, theres also a turbo one and air ride one. The reverse carb one os brown and has made tall exhausts

I searched but I dunno his name or anything he posted. Please post link for me if you remember.
Track T 2411
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/Track+T+2411/

Re: help finding a post

Post by Track T 2411 »

I believe this is the carb thread you're looking for... viewtopic.php?f=47&t=43563&hilit=Gregforesi
"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious." - Albert Einstein

"He that is good with a hammer tends to think everything is a nail" - Abraham Maslow

"If you can't take the time to do it right the first time, how are you ever going to find the time to do it over?" -Unknown

Current Rides:
'Grumpy' - '81 Standard, now fully dressed.
'Layla' - '81 Standard w/dealer installed fairing and Hondaline bags.
'Scarlett' '76 'Survivor' nekkid as a j-bird!

Under Construction:
The 'Jalopy' '78-'79 Mash-up
'Quikie' '81 gl1100I back on the lift, project with the step-son!

In The Shed:
'81 gl1100I barn find aka "Josie, the farmer's daughter." (almost comatose build)
'77 gl1000, roller parts bike.
'82 gl1100I, 'Old Crusty' titled roller parts bike (free!)
'82 gl1100I, My first 'Wing, and an expensive lesson!
New2U Bike? Read Me.
UK_Andy
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Post by UK_Andy »

Track T 2411 wrote:I believe this is the carb thread you're looking for... viewtopic.php?f=47&t=43563&hilit=Gregforesi
Its not, but thankyou. This was in that thread though and is what im looking for.
ericheath wrote:Do you remember a post a couple years' back where one of our members stuck the carbs to the outside my just reversing the runners? It looked pretty cool. The carbs pointed out and forward. He said he put it on just for looks but went no further. I happened to see his bike on CL today. I think he had a Valk tank and a monoshock. I was down looking at my boat anchor project and it looked doable. Linkage would be fun, tuning probably more fun. It would leave a lot of room above the engine. Gas tank?
ericheath
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member

Post by ericheath »

Try a Facebook. I forgot the guys name but he and his sons are pretty out there. He hasn’t posted in a while that I have seen. Kevin Smalley?
Whatever I suggest here should be given ample time for a moderator to delicately correct. I apologize in advance.
77 WING, 1200 engine with 77 heads, cams, gl1100 foot pegs, Magna V65 front end, 764A carbs, [-gone Suzuki M109 monoshock--, replaced with gl1100 shocks] gl 1200 swing arm, gl1500 final drive, wheel and rear brakes Valkyrie seat, Meanstreak tank, Sportster pipes, Power Arc ignition off crank.
77 Wing. black
83 Wing, in pieces
"Continuing education is important even if the subject matter is fairly useless (as in this case)."---Greg Foresi
ericheath
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member

Post by ericheath »

Whatever I suggest here should be given ample time for a moderator to delicately correct. I apologize in advance.
77 WING, 1200 engine with 77 heads, cams, gl1100 foot pegs, Magna V65 front end, 764A carbs, [-gone Suzuki M109 monoshock--, replaced with gl1100 shocks] gl 1200 swing arm, gl1500 final drive, wheel and rear brakes Valkyrie seat, Meanstreak tank, Sportster pipes, Power Arc ignition off crank.
77 Wing. black
83 Wing, in pieces
"Continuing education is important even if the subject matter is fairly useless (as in this case)."---Greg Foresi