6yr old trick to huge power!!

From basic novice to the hard core cutomizing. Sharing tips, tricks and knowledge. Feel
free to ask question or give us your "2 cents".

Moderators: sunnbobb, Neil, Forum Moderators

M1Goldwing
Lead Member
Lead Member

6yr old trick to huge power!!

Post by M1Goldwing »

But really, this guy is really talking up this intake mod that I was unaware of, anyone have real world HP numbers to show this is a legit mod? More curious What is the intended purpose of these tubes? Emissions?

https://youtu.be/roDnXSRiYpY
If it hasn’t broken yet, there is more HP left in the tank.
Lucien Harpress
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member

Re: 6yr old trick to huge power!!

Post by Lucien Harpress »

Guy's blowing smoke up somebody's butt- either somebody else's, or his own. My KZ1300 had a similar setup- literally all it does is add clean air to the exhaust gases after combustion to help hit emissions standards. Heck, it injects the air into the headers, past the exhaust valves, so any air that goes through that system doesn't even make it into the combustion chamber at any point.

Now, does it hurt anything to remove it? Not really. It eliminates a couple potential failure points, but that's it. But as far as adding power? Complete malarkey.
1997 Valkyrie- Light Cutomization, but Too Busy Riding
1980 KZ1300- Bike's Haunted
1976 GL1000 (Yellow)- It Runs (Poorly) and Doesn't Leak (Mostly)
1974 Velosolex 3800- Better Than Walking
1972 CB750- Broke the Chain And Ate the Motor
1969 CT90- The Most Fun You Can Have on 90ccs.
1965 CA77 Dream- Needs a Full Teardown, but Complete

All advice I give is only valid until an expert corrects me.
ericheath
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member

Post by ericheath »

The author in the vid may have had a huge increase in power because his stock secondary air system was faulty to begin with. Hence, his bike was sub-standard to begin with. Lots have removed the air system. Most I have read of and the set I did resulted in no noticeable change in performance. Mine did cause more backfiring when down shifting and closing the throttle.
Whatever I suggest here should be given ample time for a moderator to delicately correct. I apologize in advance.
77 WING, 1200 engine with 77 heads, cams, gl1100 foot pegs, Magna V65 front end, 764A carbs, [-gone Suzuki M109 monoshock--, replaced with gl1100 shocks] gl 1200 swing arm, gl1500 final drive, wheel and rear brakes Valkyrie seat, Meanstreak tank, Sportster pipes, Power Arc ignition off crank.
77 Wing. black
83 Wing, in pieces
"Continuing education is important even if the subject matter is fairly useless (as in this case)."---Greg Foresi
Whiskerfish
President
President
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/whiskerfish/

Post by Whiskerfish »

ericheath wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:10 am The author in the vid may have had a huge increase in power because his stock secondary air system was faulty to begin with. Hence, his bike was sub-standard to begin with. SNIP
action1 action1 action1 action1

I think that is the case in many of these situations. Go ahead and spend hundreds and hundreds on this new an improved gizmo rather than spending a few bucks to fix the original system. Of course it runs better it was basically broken when you started.
"Agreement is not a requirement for Respect" CDR Michael Smith USN (Ret) 2017
"The book is wrong, this whole Conclusion is Fallacious" River Tam
2008 GL1800 IIIA "TH3DOG"
1975/6/7/8/9 Arthur Fulmer Dressed Road bike
1975 Naked Noisy and Nasty in town bike
and a whole garage full of possibilities!!

Psst. oh and by the way CHANGE YOUR BELTS!!!!