Making manifolds

From basic novice to the hard core cutomizing. Sharing tips, tricks and knowledge. Feel
free to ask question or give us your "2 cents".

Moderators: sunnbobb, Neil, Forum Moderators

5speed
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member

Re: Making manifolds

Post by 5speed »

digschopper wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:08 pm 5speed,you may be as crazy as i am. Thankfully.
:lol: I have a friend that is a wicked fabricator..I just don't think the juice is worth the squeeze..
oh..and I have a holley 4bbl doing nothing too. :mrgreen:
1982 1100 standard. (sold)
1986 Yamaha FJ1200
2000 Yamaha Roadstar
1976 GoldWing. running but not on the road
1978 Goldwing. future cafe project.
2019 Can-Am ryker (boss's new ride)

2002 Shadow American Classic(sold)
1983 Shadow 500. (sold)
gregforesi
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/Greg+Foresi/

Post by gregforesi »

I can't remember what I had for lunch and you want me to go back ten years? I'll try.
I believe I bought the tach and speedo faces off ebay and they were for the 78 so I didn't have to fudge them. No one carried replacement faces for the small temp/gas/volt gauges so I made them myself. I drew them up in AutoCad and printed them on clear sticky-back laminating vinyl from Staples. I painted the metal faces of the gauges white and that's what you see through the vinyl. They've been in the Florida sun for the past seven years and have really held up well. (That's more than I can say for my rattle-can paint job.) Doing the gauge faces was nervous and tedious and they came out looking really good on the first try. I amazed myself.
All the gauge lights are blue LED's and the frame members below the shelter also have blue LED's. I don't let the Harley crowd get away with nuttin' honey.

My buddy Ian is coming to visit sometime after midnight. That will be a nervous time as well. I keep hoping it will swing north or east but it keeps coming straight at Venice. This is going to suck.
2006 GL1800 (Brutus Maximus)
1978 GL1000 (White Trash - 2012 BOTY
(If you want to discuss the Trashmobile, Webers, Rearsets, Clubmans, or other stuff then send me a PM.)
"Getting old ain't for sissies" - Phyllis Diller
"So how much you gonna spend to win that $5 trophy?" - Cyborg
digschopper
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Post by digschopper »

Im in Hernando... So far its overcast and a few showers. Im freaking out...