Cabot Trail advance recce report.**video working now**

A Place To Announce Run Flyers, Rallies, Web Links, Trips, Travel, Events and more.
Share your rides and events with other riders

Moderators: CYBORG, Rat, Forum Moderators

5speed
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member

Re: Cabot Trail advance recce report.**video working now**

Post by 5speed »

Rat wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:50 am We tried hard to organize a Ride there a couple of years ago .... really hard .... too far for most.

If you do a search for Cabot Trail you will see threads going way back ....

Katy and I ended up doing it in her Mini Cooper .... wonderful trip ....

Half way around she said 'We shoulda brought the bike ....'

If there is a next time, I would fly her to Halifax and ride down ....

Gord crossy.gif
Gord..I will help you any way I can..
hotel rates shouldn't be to crazy during the summer..
as for traffic..you folks will think you are in the middle of nowhere compared to the cities and interstates. lol
1982 1100 standard. (sold)
1986 Yamaha FJ1200
2000 Yamaha Roadstar
1976 GoldWing. running but not on the road
1978 Goldwing. future cafe project.
2019 Can-Am ryker (boss's new ride)

2002 Shadow American Classic(sold)
1983 Shadow 500. (sold)
Rat
Photo Gallery Admin
Photo Gallery Admin
My Album: https://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/rat/
RIP: cookie

Post by Rat »

Katy and I went the last week in July and the first week in August .... high season really and there were lots of people around but we were never held up and we just planned our overnights one day in advance and called ahead.
I think it might be even more pleasant a little later in the summer .... say late August or even early September.
Realistically this is at least a three week trip for anyone who doesn’t live really close .... there’s no point in going if you can’t spend at least a week there .... and most of us will need at least a week each way for the trip.
We’ve been over this ground before, it won’t be an NGW Ride because it won’t attract enough riders and it will conflict with our Eastern Ride.
So it would be a small group, maybe 6 at most and for me at least it would use up my whole season's riding budget.
Don’t want to be a wet blanket but those are the realities.

So .... who's in ??

Gord crossy.gif dancr crossy.gif
"I'd rather Ride than Shine"
‘14 KLR650 ... not a rat ... yet
‘84 GL1200i ‘R2B6' (Rat to Be 6, the last, adopted by twowings)
My Original 'RAT' was a hybrid '82 CB900/1100F
CYBORG

Post by CYBORG »

Rat wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:47 pm Katy and I went the last week in July and the first week in August .... high season really and there were lots of people around but we were never held up and we just planned our overnights one day in advance and called ahead.
I think it might be even more pleasant a little later in the summer .... say late August or even early September.
Realistically this is at least a three week trip for anyone who doesn’t live really close .... there’s no point in going if you can’t spend at least a week there .... and most of us will need at least a week each way for the trip.
We’ve been over this ground before, it won’t be an NGW Ride because it won’t attract enough riders and it will conflict with our Eastern Ride.
So it would be a small group, maybe 6 at most and for me at least it would use up my whole season's riding budget.
Don’t want to be a wet blanket but those are the realities.

So .... who's in ??

Gord crossy.gif dancr crossy.gif
You make a good point. And I do recall the last attempt at doing it. Was probably the cabin fever talking, when I opened my mouth. Not even sure the border will be open, with all this craziness . Probably better to think a little smaller til thinks are sorted out. :crying :crying :crying :crying
1978 custom GL1000
1977 custom with 1200 engine
1985 gl1200
rcmatt007
Treasurer
Treasurer
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/rcmatt007/

Re: Cabot Trail advance recce report.

Post by rcmatt007 »

CYBORG wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:59 pm
5speed wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:01 pm https://youtu.be/Xv-7T_upD88

This hopefully will work now..
I think I have heard enough about this "Cabot trail", That it has made my bucket list for next year. I'm pretty sure Rat is in, and maybe it's time for some of the other riders on this side of the border to make a serious ride. Who else is up for the challenge?
All I have to be is retired
-Rodger-
all it takes for evil to prosper is the want of a few good men to do nothing-Edmund Burke
The question is not how much time do you have, it is what you do with the time that you have Gandalf
"One of the greatest dignities of humankind is that each successive generation is invested in the welfare of each new generation." Fred Rodgers
"it takes 10,000 hours to become an expert" ancient saying
78 constantly modified/customized since 1978, BOTM June 2015 de-evolving this very moment viewtopic.php?f=30&t=65511
76 Ltd "cookies bike" ALMOST DONE
79 project, finished, FOR SALE
'86 1200 (Beth's)(FOR SALE) with motorvation sidecar (sidecar sold) , July 2017 BOTM
'17 HD Road king and 08 HD Heritage softail (Beth's) (FOR SALE). I guess you can say we have MBS
rcmatt007
Treasurer
Treasurer
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/rcmatt007/

Post by rcmatt007 »

lemme see.... only 1400+ miles to get there
-Rodger-
all it takes for evil to prosper is the want of a few good men to do nothing-Edmund Burke
The question is not how much time do you have, it is what you do with the time that you have Gandalf
"One of the greatest dignities of humankind is that each successive generation is invested in the welfare of each new generation." Fred Rodgers
"it takes 10,000 hours to become an expert" ancient saying
78 constantly modified/customized since 1978, BOTM June 2015 de-evolving this very moment viewtopic.php?f=30&t=65511
76 Ltd "cookies bike" ALMOST DONE
79 project, finished, FOR SALE
'86 1200 (Beth's)(FOR SALE) with motorvation sidecar (sidecar sold) , July 2017 BOTM
'17 HD Road king and 08 HD Heritage softail (Beth's) (FOR SALE). I guess you can say we have MBS