Moderator: Whiskerfish

Whiskerfish
President
President
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/whiskerfish/

Re: The NGW Project Bike. DYNA ignition.How-to TIME / ADJUST

Post by Whiskerfish »

boogie red

Speak to others on this board with respect or you will go away. Not sure what boards you have been on in the past but disrespect is not tolerated here.

Now to the subject at hand. By shifting the module on the plate you are changing the relationship between the modules. So now you rotate the plate to a position where you can get 180 degrees of separation without grinding. I would have to go examine it more closely but I am about 99% sure what heraldhamster recommends will work just fine.
"Agreement is not a requirement for Respect" CDR Michael Smith USN (Ret) 2017
"The book is wrong, this whole Conclusion is Fallacious" River Tam
2008 GL1800 IIIA "TH3DOG"
1975/6/7/8/9 Arthur Fulmer Dressed Road bike
1975 Naked Noisy and Nasty in town bike
and a whole garage full of possibilities!!

Psst. oh and by the way CHANGE YOUR BELTS!!!!
boogie red
Cast Iron Member
Cast Iron Member

Post by boogie red »

[quote="Whiskerfish"]boogie red

Speak to others on this board with respect or you will go away. Not sure what boards you have been on in the past but disrespect is not tolerated here.

Now to the subject at hand. By shifting the module on the plate you are changing the relationship between the modules. So now you rotate the plate to a position where you can get 180 degrees of separation without grinding. I would have to go examine it more closely but I am about 99% sure what heraldhamster recommends will work just fine.[/quote

Thats fine and I would expect no less, respect also goes both ways. I ve just noticed some fellas say off the wall stuff or missdirected, mabey just to f with someones head or sometime make u tink.]
I ve created alot of stuff from scratch but soon found out its advantagous to seek out someone who has been there and done that. I enjoy workn on this bike, its fun. the module thing is not rocket sience, to me it has to be modified to get it to dead nuts. So I will see how i do and hopefulley i can post something that will help someone else!

life is good!
Whiskerfish
President
President
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/whiskerfish/

Post by Whiskerfish »

Very cool!
"Agreement is not a requirement for Respect" CDR Michael Smith USN (Ret) 2017
"The book is wrong, this whole Conclusion is Fallacious" River Tam
2008 GL1800 IIIA "TH3DOG"
1975/6/7/8/9 Arthur Fulmer Dressed Road bike
1975 Naked Noisy and Nasty in town bike
and a whole garage full of possibilities!!

Psst. oh and by the way CHANGE YOUR BELTS!!!!
boogie red
Cast Iron Member
Cast Iron Member

Post by boogie red »

Ok here we go...... I used up all dem slots on that plate, the problem being you cant get enough retard out of the rt side module, it bottoms out on the left module even after bottoming it counter clockwise on its slots. you could file the top slot some, but the screw on the bottom is already almost not there, doesnt mattter any way because there is no room to move it anyway. and you cant grind on the module, its actually a cover for the circuts on a metal plate, so its pretty scarey, all that would end up exposed and I am not going after that 135.00 experment. The way it is I got it within I figure 4 to 6 deg of each other. timing out almost to the f mark on 3/4 and just past the f on 1/2. So anyway I suppose a guy could file some more slots, and get this, 10 deg of adjustment is only 1 deg of timing according to dyna, u know what I think i am done. And elong gate the hole in the plate and find just the right washer for the bottom bolt on the rt module, very small, I think 3 mm, nad then there is a clearance to watch between the cam and modules.

So anyway, remenber, stock is best. you can reduce the dwell angle on the adjustable points and get it to come rite in, well mabey!

i am runnin outa gas, tink I am going to ride it. Ya know when that motor gets good and heat soaked its all grow like crazy any way and who knows whats up then.
whew

run it to the peg
boogie red
Cast Iron Member
Cast Iron Member

Post by boogie red »

[quote="boogie red"]Ok here we go...... I used up all dem slots on that plate, the problem being you cant get enough retard out of the rt side module, it bottoms out on the left module even after bottoming it counter clockwise on its slots. you could file the top slot some, but the screw on the bottom is already almost not there, doesnt mattter any way because there is no room to move it anyway. and you cant grind on the module, its actually a cover for the circuts on a metal plate, so its pretty scarey, all that would end up exposed and I am not going after that 135.00 experment. The way it is I got it within I figure 4 to 6 deg of each other. timing out almost to the f mark on 3/4 and just past the f on 1/2. So anyway I suppose a guy could file some more slots, and get this, 10 deg of adjustment is only 1 deg of timing according to dyna, u know what I think i am done. And elong gate the hole in the plate and find just the right washer for the bottom bolt on the rt module, very small, I think 3 mm, nad then there is a clearance to watch between the cam and modules.

So anyway, remenber, stock is best. you can reduce the dwell angle on the adjustable points and get it to come rite in, well mabey!

i am runnin outa gas, tink I am going to ride it. Ya know when that motor gets good and heat soaked its all grow like crazy any way and who knows whats up then.
whew

run it to the peg

Ok I couldent stand it, I took da module back off and decided to file on the 3/4 because it had more slot room to move, so hince I could rotate the plate back to get the 1/2 to come in, however I found the 1/2 doesnt react exactly the same as the 3/4 when moving the plate. Any way I did enough fiddlen and managed to at least get exactly 180 deg of seperation and the timing ended up a little advanced, maybe 3,4 deg. Any way she runs out real well, great throttle responce, fun to ride! [/quote]