FortNine and Marine Outfitters (for Canadians)

A forum where buyers and sellers of parts can post about positive buying/selling experiences they've had with other members.
No negatives allowed.

Moderators: Whiskerfish, Forum Moderators

Sidecar Bob
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member

FortNine and Marine Outfitters (for Canadians)

Post by Sidecar Bob »

I will start by saying that it is getting harder for Canadians to shop online because our dollar is so low that the USPS small box is now about $40 CAD

FortNine.ca
I have been re-assembling Eccles the last couple of weeks. I went to re-install the carbs last Monday evening and noticed that the throttle cable was frayed. I could have ordered one from my dealer but I wanted it fast and I didn't want to go pick it up so I looked at all of the places I have bought cables from before and either they didn't have what I needed or shipping from the US was insane.

I put the Motion Pro part number and Canada in Google's search bar and found FortNine.ca (formerly Canada's Motorcycle). Not only did they have what I needed in stock but figuring in the exchange rate their price was about 10% lower than the US sites. AND they have free shipping in Canada for orders over $49. So I browsed around their site and ended up buying a new rear tire (I will need one soon). By the time I placed the order it was after 11PM and there was an email in my inbox when I got up confirming the order and telling me that the parts would be shipped on Wednesday.

Tuesday evening, I noticed that the clutch cable was frayed too (both were 8 years old & rusty from winter use). I immediately looked up the part number and emailed them (after 10 PM), asking if it could be added. When I got up in the morning there was an email that the clutch cable had been added and the parcel would still ship that day. I had my parts on Friday.

MarineOutfitters.ca
One of the reasons I was putting the carbs in so late on Monday was that the carb clamps were getting pretty rusty and I thought i would like to put more effort into getting something better before the next time so I started a thread on cx500forum.com asking if anyone had found suitable stainless band clamps. After a bit of discussion someone posted a link to a place in California that carries Norma Torro stainless clamps that are only 10mm wide (the ones from the hardware store are 1/2"). Again, the shipping from there would have been insane but once I knew what I wanted I put Norma Torro Ontario into Google and found Marine Outfitters in Kingston On. They had them for $1.89 CAD, $22 minimum order so I ordered 12 (4 for Eccles and 8 for Mr.H - now I have to get the JBM boots). They were at the post office on Friday too.

I can't say how much I appreciated the way both of these companies treated me. I have bookmarked both of them so I can buy from them again.
Mr. Honda ('83 GL1100/Dnepr) summer How a motorcycle evolves thread
The Famous Eccles ('84 CX650EI/VeloUral) winter Never Ending Build (CX500forum)
Click: Colour schematics for all GL1000 & GL1100 and GL1200 standard models plus instructions on how to download the full size version
"A guy with two sidecars can't be all bad." - Cookie
Another guy with two sidecars..... Hmmmm... must be something to that....
ericheath
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member

Re: FortNine and Marine Outfitters (for Canadians)

Post by ericheath »

It's getting tough and predictions are the CAD to stay pretty close to where it is or lower for two years.
Whatever I suggest here should be given ample time for a moderator to delicately correct. I apologize in advance.
77 WING, 1200 engine with 77 heads, cams, gl1100 foot pegs, Magna V65 front end, 764A carbs, [-gone Suzuki M109 monoshock--, replaced with gl1100 shocks] gl 1200 swing arm, gl1500 final drive, wheel and rear brakes Valkyrie seat, Meanstreak tank, Sportster pipes, Power Arc ignition off crank.
77 Wing. black
83 Wing, in pieces
"Continuing education is important even if the subject matter is fairly useless (as in this case)."---Greg Foresi
5speed
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member

Post by 5speed »

I'm constantly looking for Canadian sources for car parts and now bike parts. A friend put me onto Fortnine.
1982 1100 standard. (sold)
1986 Yamaha FJ1200
2000 Yamaha Roadstar
1976 GoldWing. running but not on the road
1978 Goldwing. future cafe project.
2019 Can-Am ryker (boss's new ride)

2002 Shadow American Classic(sold)
1983 Shadow 500. (sold)
flyin900
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by flyin900 »

+1 on FortNine too .

I buy all my tires from them as they have the best prices and when you buy two tires you get another $10 off, plus in Ontario we pay the Ontario Tire stewardship fee (read another way to add insult to injury, since we are already paying 13% HST on pretty well every purchase)
Shipping out of Quebec as already noted is extremely fast and since it is an out of province purchase there is no tire stewardship fees. I have bought from them for many years and found them very easy to deal with both online and over the phone. For any returns you have they email you a prepaid shipping label that you print off and attach to the return. Once they verify the return back in their warehouse their minimal shipping charge usually $7-$10 is deducted from your credit. Neat clean and no fuss in any way.
Current Bikes:

1966 CL77 - Honda 305cc - Dual purpose - "Gentleman's Scrambler" was a period moniker.
1967 CL175K0 - Low production number with #802 engine serial- winter 2019/2020 full restoration.
1972 CB350F - Baby Four with low mileage - Cosmetic refresh to the next level 2021/2022.
1978 CB550K - Very original bike with only 7499 Km. from new - light cleanup and refresh done.
1983 CB1100F - Canadian model - DOHC Supersport in pristine low kilometre condition from new.
1984 GL1200 - Standard model in showroom condition - two owner bike from new.
1984 CX650E - Restored summer 2017 - a rare Eurosport model - excellent one owner bike.
japcrap
Zinc Member
Zinc Member

Post by japcrap »

Book marking now, thanks for posting