Never Ever B4 seen photos of a Goldwing

A forum for stories, pics and updates of your resto's. Be it a barn find, Grampas hand me down or a bike being brought back to it's former glory.If you are restoring it, show us your stuff!

Moderators: Brant, Sagebrush, Forum Moderators

HOTT
Run Executive
Run Executive
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery3/index.php/wingmans/HOTT

Re: Never Ever B4 seen photos of a Goldwing

Post by HOTT »

Patriccio wrote: ...In places like Texas, beef producers have caught partial herds sneaking out in the middle of the night to crowd into an In-and-Out Burger joint....
:lol: :lol: :lol:
True we have some vegan cowhide here. We call it vinyl :IDTS: :lol:

HOTT
If we can't fix it, we can fix it so no one else can.
the Condor BOTY 2011
Ol' Sparky BOTM Dec. 2011
Lucky #13 BOTY 2018
Patriccio
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Patriccio »

Yea, I'm thinking of scoring some nice kush so I can light up & meditate on a nice slice of vinyl. A quirky & tessellated hounds tooth pattern ought to keep me out of trouble for a while.
If there is one thing I have learned throughout this process it is this: Check your respirator for spiders before you put it on.
wheeliedog
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by wheeliedog »

I just caught up on your progress reports, read your posts slowly to make the enjoyment last.

Thanks for the belly laughs anim-cheers1 anim-cheers1 anim-cheers1
naked 1980 GL1100 under construction.
Patriccio
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Patriccio »

Dear Diary (& anyone else in the galaxy that will read this),
The pizzeria is so slow today that I eyed the hot water heater in my kitchen w/ intensity. I'm thinking maybe I can shoot a clear coat over it & buff it out so that when the health department shows up for a visit, the Officer Especial will appreciate the glowing cleanliness of its existence.
No call from Bill at the official upholstery shop. Gee, I hope they don't have the same attitude I have & put it off until it's time to put it off right before it's time to put it off until tomorrow.
Ya know, if I had some bidness here today, I wouldn't boring the heck out of anyone on this web site. And sorry, by the way, my fingertips smell like garlic. I'm writing & waiting for a 16" inch pizza to emerge from my conveyor oven. So it's an eight minute cook, which means I have plenty of time to figger out just what it is that wheeliedog is talking about. I'm a serious & overly sensitive individual, highly private, too, & I don' t think it's fair for him to try & peek under all my callousness. I'm thinking maybe a new motto for me & the Puppy. How about a philosophical question? Look under all my callousness & what do you find?
More callousness! I can have an engraver slap that onto a nice chrome plate that I can rivet it onto something & somewhere on the Puppy, yes!
On no! My printer has mysteriously generated a few orders, & I have been called to duty. The best ingredients for managing a pizzeria, you ask? Well, attitude is best. A little bit of attitude from The Wolverine, & a touch of attitude from The Hulk, & since this is the United States, I have to add a pinch of Pee Wee Herman. Until next time, adios Mars Invaders.
Ciao for now
Chow for now
If there is one thing I have learned throughout this process it is this: Check your respirator for spiders before you put it on.
Goboy
Billet Alum. Member
Billet Alum. Member
My Album: https://www.ngwclub.com/forum/viewtopic ... 30&t=60678

Post by Goboy »

You all yourself a procrastinator! Holy Mollie that's fine looking mochine! I haven't even got mine shoveled out of the snow bank yet and you fixed the kitchen sink too!
You're too small to ride a hog Billy!

Mike
1978 GL1000
Previous bikes: 05 Yamaha FJR 1300, 79 Suzuki GS 1000, 75 Yamaha XS 650, 73 Kawasaki S2 350
Patriccio
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Patriccio »

I did fix the kitchen sink. In fact, I think I used some of the plumbing fixtures on the Puppy's cooling system.
Back to work for me.
No news from Bill at the Upholstery Shop.
Patriccio
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Patriccio »

There was a total wrinkle in the fabric of the universe last week, or yesterday, or tomorrow, I can't remember which. Depending on how you perceive it, it was either a great day or it is going to be a good day. That wrinkle, probably one of many in my life & an infinite amount since the Great Singularity, caused me (or will cause me) to upgrade my telephonic device.
Here's a good pic of my two babies side-by-side.
P4070442.JPG
P4070442.JPG (122.95 KiB) Viewed 149 times
I loved to pull out my flip-phone, zing out my antennae, & watch the looks on faces as I actually made a call on a telephonic antique, an electronic artifact from a by-gone era (or one yet to arrive). I almost bought another flip-phone, but Mr. Sales Guy at the Modern Phone Store said they were out of stock (or he was on a commission). So I bought the Samsung ON5. I could probably compute the trajectory of a moon shot on this dinky little item (Dinky because it is so much smaller than a Cray computer from way back).
Patriccio
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Patriccio »

Someone dragged me out of semi-build-stuff retirement to build something on the front of his house. I acquiesced because there is payment involved. He & I already dragged off the Masonite & battens, & then I nailed up sheathing. Then it was on to infringing on yet another ancient guild-- THE MASONS! Here is a good shot of my progress.
P4070436.JPG
P4070436.JPG (133.32 KiB) Viewed 148 times
I'm not disparaging The Masons; I'm merely thinking of joining them. All I need is one of those sponsor guys. Or maybe there's reciprocity w/ The Moose Club. I can probably almost most definitely prove that I am a descendant of an Honorary Moose Member. I had a great uncle on my mother's side who not only was a Moose, but he also worked on the Panama Canal. I don't actually think there's a Panama Canal guild, is there?
Last edited by Patriccio on Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Patriccio
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Patriccio »

I almost forgot the old maxim: Put a tool that you love into your picture. Here's a shot of my progress and my tile saw & maybe my 11.0 amp angle grinder. Grrrrrrrrr.
P4070435.JPG
P4070435.JPG (134.46 KiB) Viewed 148 times
Patriccio
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Patriccio »

During the transition between the ancient phone & Mr. New Upgraded Overly Complex & It's Sleek Touchscreen, I missed a call from Bill at the upholstery shop. The seat was done---
A WEEK AGO!
No big deal because I told him I was in no hurry (And every single entry on this wonderful web site confirms my perfectly contrived lackadaisical manner).
Patriccio
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Patriccio »

Gosh, I nearly forgot to post a pic of the seat. Here's a good shot of it in the rumpus room right next to my pet elephant I never had.
P4070439.JPG
P4070439.JPG (119.31 KiB) Viewed 148 times
Bill performed a great job. Great attention to details. That's what I like about The Chosen Ones, those who have had their bikes chosen as Bike of the Month. As I have worked on this bike, I, too, have paid a great amount of attention to details.
My problem is that I tend to ignore a great number of those details.
ericheath
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member

Post by ericheath »

Seat looks great! Stonework will look great with a little overspray from painting car hoods.
Whatever I suggest here should be given ample time for a moderator to delicately correct. I apologize in advance.
77 WING, 1200 engine with 77 heads, cams, gl1100 foot pegs, Magna V65 front end, 764A carbs, [-gone Suzuki M109 monoshock--, replaced with gl1100 shocks] gl 1200 swing arm, gl1500 final drive, wheel and rear brakes Valkyrie seat, Meanstreak tank, Sportster pipes, Power Arc ignition off crank.
77 Wing. black
83 Wing, in pieces
"Continuing education is important even if the subject matter is fairly useless (as in this case)."---Greg Foresi
5speed
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member

Post by 5speed »

ericheath wrote:Seat looks great! Stonework will look great with a little overspray from painting car hoods.
1982 1100 standard. (sold)
1986 Yamaha FJ1200
2000 Yamaha Roadstar
1976 GoldWing. running but not on the road
1978 Goldwing. future cafe project.
2019 Can-Am ryker (boss's new ride)

2002 Shadow American Classic(sold)
1983 Shadow 500. (sold)
Sugs
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Sugs »

Dang it, I was so exited! I thought we were going to be playing some "Where's Waldo" with completed motorcycle parts, like "I'll post a picture of my seat, then distract everyone by setting my phones on it, and talk only about the PHONES(wink), and then post pictures of some random stonework and talk about THAT(wink, wink), and see if anybody notices!" I was so proud of myself because I noticed the SEAT in the FIRST picture and was all ready to point out my eagle eyed prowess when you blow my big announcement to everyone by posting a picture of...THE SEAT!...

I'm sooo deflated...

P.S. The seat looks awesome!

'79 Honda GL1000 Goldwing
heraldhamster
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member

Post by heraldhamster »

Patriccio wrote:Gosh, I nearly forgot to post a pic of the seat. Here's a good shot of it in the rumpus room right next to my pet elephant I never had...
What seat? I was admiring the firearm manual on the table and those spectacular seats you're using as sawhorses. I believe I've seen some of those somewhere recently.
IMG_20170409_0659196_rewind.jpg
IMG_20170409_0659196_rewind.jpg (104.76 KiB) Viewed 117 times
and don't mind that cat, he's only decorative.

nice progress on the scoot, btw.
sorta bulldogged custom 1978 GL1000 - "geekster"
full Vetter dress 1979 GL1000 - "Barge" (currently down)
1986 1200 Aspencade - "Heart of Gold" - daily rider
1990 1500 Aspencade - It's ALIVE! but very, very naked. not in a good way.
1978 for $100 - project in worx
1978 from a previous member here - taking up space
my original '79 bought in '91 - replacing engine (eventually, maybe someday)

H2G2=42

A competent and self-confident person is incapable of jealousy in anything. Jealousy is invariably a symptom of neurotic insecurity. ~ Robert A. Heinlein

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it. ~ Neil deGrasse Tyson