Never Ever B4 seen photos of a Goldwing

A forum for stories, pics and updates of your resto's. Be it a barn find, Grampas hand me down or a bike being brought back to it's former glory.If you are restoring it, show us your stuff!

Moderators: Brant, Sagebrush, Forum Moderators

Patriccio
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Never Ever B4 seen photos of a Goldwing

Post by Patriccio »

Man, I'm so tuckered out from this stone masonry job that I'm having a tough time thinking straight. Who in their right mind would found a guild based on sore backs, bruised knees, & skin worn clean off all of the fingertips? I guess I'm just a big fat baby because all the skin has worn right off my fingertips, & then little holes appear & then there's blood.
First, Sugs, ya know, this whole blog just might be a bit of bait-n-switch because at the very end I'll reveal myself to be rebuilding a 1971 Volvo P 1800 & not a 1980 Honda Goldwing. Not sure if that will deflate you more or inflate you (or inflatulate you).
Anyone who quotes Bobby Heinlein ( Mr. heraldhamster) gets an automatic feather in the cap.
I have pics. Very important docs from 1970. Please memorize the contents & get back to me.
P4100453.JPG
P4100453.JPG (110.4 KiB) Viewed 236 times
P4100456.JPG
P4100456.JPG (134.79 KiB) Viewed 236 times

The brake late is still staying on, so I've removed the handle (AGAIN!), & this time I've placed a dab of JB Weld on it. I'll sand it down to the perfect dimensions & then install it (AGAIN!).
Last edited by Patriccio on Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If there is one thing I have learned throughout this process it is this: Check your respirator for spiders before you put it on.
Patriccio
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Patriccio »

As of 30 minutes ago--
P4090451.JPG
P4090451.JPG (139.88 KiB) Viewed 236 times
This morning 4/9/2017:
P4080446.JPG
P4080446.JPG (159.62 KiB) Viewed 236 times
If there is one thing I have learned throughout this process it is this: Check your respirator for spiders before you put it on.
Goboy
Billet Alum. Member
Billet Alum. Member
My Album: https://www.ngwclub.com/forum/viewtopic ... 30&t=60678

Post by Goboy »

I thought that looked like a Volvo seat! Lookin good, but what is that red button for ? self destruct LOL!!
Hows the weather there, I got 8" of wet snow over night!
You're too small to ride a hog Billy!

Mike
1978 GL1000
Previous bikes: 05 Yamaha FJR 1300, 79 Suzuki GS 1000, 75 Yamaha XS 650, 73 Kawasaki S2 350
Patriccio
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Patriccio »

Red button on rear wheel: ejector seat control.
Goboy
Billet Alum. Member
Billet Alum. Member

Post by Goboy »

Hope your not finished this build, we'd miss your excellent build commentary and photos. Maybe paint the ejector button white! (I know the guys were harping about adding something red though).

Mike
1978 GL1000
Previous bikes: 05 Yamaha FJR 1300, 79 Suzuki GS 1000, 75 Yamaha XS 650, 73 Kawasaki S2 350
Patriccio
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Patriccio »

There may still be some excellent roughage flowing through my pages. I still have a few items to conjure up & install.
My hands are getting nicely manly chapped by this stone masonry. Callouses are coming back; now they match the big one around my heart.
Oh, and by the way Sir Goboy, just because I taught high school English back when I was normal, the phrase should be "You're too small to ride a hog Billy!" (Not sure where the quote derives. Is that William Kotzwinkle?)
"You're" is a contraction & "Your" is a pronoun.
Thanks for tuning it.
Goboy
Billet Alum. Member
Billet Alum. Member

Post by Goboy »

English was always one of my least favorite subjects in school. "Kotzwinkle"(had to Google him) author of "Walter the Farting Dog" children's books, nice! Anyway get that stone work done and get some more photos posted.

Mike
1978 GL1000
Patriccio
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Patriccio »

Mr. Goboy has earned an extra ten points this week & he is also exempt from any homework during the weekend.
Due to the miracle of the internet, I now know where Hinton, Alberta is. 38 degrees F today. It's 68 F right now, sunny, with a slight breeze from the west. After work, I'll be enjoying a Coronado Brewing Company's Orange Avenue Wit; anyone is invited to stop 'n visit.
I'm off to the ovens to see if pizzas emerge!
Patriccio
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Patriccio »

Goboy, what's w/ the Wild Mountain Music Festival website? You can't get past the first page w/ out a password! I never heard of such a thing. I get more info from CKUA. That festival looks like it might be a barrel-full o' fun.
Goboy
Billet Alum. Member
Billet Alum. Member

Post by Goboy »

I tried here too and hit the same problem. Now that's not going to help with disseminating any impertinent information. The festival is always a good excuse to pop a few cold ones. CKUA the station I listen to went I work on my bike, it Great!
I hope schools out for summer :guitar.
WMMF.JPG
WMMF.JPG (33.79 KiB) Viewed 138 times

Mike
1978 GL1000
Patriccio
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Patriccio »

Is that you or your doppelganger on stage?
Goboy
Billet Alum. Member
Billet Alum. Member

Post by Goboy »

Could'a been me if my mother didn't make me play the viola instead of the guitar LOL!
So do you listen to CKUA at all. It is available on the internet.

Mike
1978 GL1000
Patriccio
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Patriccio »

Mr. Tuckered Out w/ Manly Hands here w/ the CKUA radio throbbing through the speakers & offices of Mr. Stone Mason. So I was going through the DSM-IV lookin' for why the heck the brake light switch continues to malfunction. I've got pics, man, have I got pics of that little switch. It's such a small cute thing, & I'm about to smash it w/ a sledge hammer. But I'm not that kind of guy. The DSM-IV was no help at all w/ this switch. It did give me some clues regarding my X, but only clues. I was going through the section labeled Mood Disorders, which comes right after Severity/Psychotic/Remission Specifiers. My therapist was telling me the other day about my dreams (if I actually had a therapist). In the dream I'm a really big guy w/ a really big sword, & I'm trying to chop down a giant tree, a really, very large conifer w/ a girth of about eight feet. I've just sharpened the sword & so big chunks of wood are flying out from the trunk. It's like I'm practicing for a battle or a sword fight w/ the Dark Lord of Mars. So the therapist says, (if I actually had a therapist) "You are imagining that you are the hero of Ulster." "What the heck is that?" I say. Cu Chulainn is an ancient Irish hero. He's the hero from the epic Tain Bo Cuailnge.
She says, "You have chosen a giant feat, rebuilding a motorcycle, and you have sharpened your skills, but the feat is unfinished. So in your mind, the giant conifer represents the motorcycle, & the sword represents your skills, & the large, muscular body represents your ego, the part of you that will complete the rebuild." "Thanks, lady." I'm out of beer, & I've got pics to post. Let's move on.
P4300457 (1).JPG
P4300457 (1).JPG (104.97 KiB) Viewed 101 times
A little malfunction on the front fender needed attention. Nothing like a giant conifer, just a bit of peeling paint. JB Weld to the rescue!
Patriccio
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Patriccio »

Here's a shot of the innards of that switch. Little Miss Dainty.
P5010466.JPG
P5010466.JPG (63.82 KiB) Viewed 100 times
P5010465 (1).JPG
P5010465 (1).JPG (61.97 KiB) Viewed 100 times
You can see how it works, sort of. It's always depressed, until you apply pressure to the brake handle, then it releases & the light goes on.
Patriccio
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Patriccio »

Stage One rocket ejects.
P5010460.JPG
P5010460.JPG (85.25 KiB) Viewed 100 times
And the casing that deflects & doesn't work properly. But it was made by Mother Honda in Taiwan, so it's OK, right?
P5010462 (1).JPG
P5010462 (1).JPG (97.16 KiB) Viewed 100 times
You can see the little break at the window, that little arch. That piece was broken on the other switch also, & that's the part that I epoxied w/ JB Weld.
Last edited by Patriccio on Mon May 01, 2017 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.