mwallette wrote:Bugdaddy66, absolutely!
, the exhaust sounds brand new, but 1) it's a little *too* quiet,
Sugs wrote:This is a get on the ground type of thing. You basically reach up with the proper socket between the rear tire and the center stand pivot.
mwallette wrote:Wow...has it really been two years since I last posted in this thread?
As you can see, I've been enjoying the "completed" bike: https://youtu.be/09Sa0nZw1ZM
Unfortunately, late last summer, the bike started overheating while 2-up in stop-and-go traffic (mostly stop, tbh), and therefore, over the winter, I tore the bike down for some repairs:
* replace the thermostat and fan switch to solve the cooling system problem;
* replace the points ignition and coils with Dyna parts;
* rebuild the air cut-off valve to see if that solves a problem with slight backfires on deceleration;
* replace the bearings in a spare front wheel I have, then replace the current front wheel with the rebuilt spare (I found that the one currently installed had been pretty heavily gouged by tire irons when I replaced the tires last spring); and
* replace the steering head bearings.
Also, in the last two years, the purpose of this bike has changed -- it's going to become my "sport-touring" bike for the time being -- so repaint the shelter covers and side trim panels, then reinstall the "Honda" and "GL1000" badges.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest