May 2nd Poker Run, Nebraska

This Forum is for the sharing of information related to routes and rides. A place to share Ride Reports, Ride Video's, Routes, Stories, etc etc etc....

Moderators: CYBORG, Oldewing, Forum Moderators

Brant
Board of Directors
Board of Directors
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/brant/

May 2nd Poker Run, Nebraska

Post by Brant »

Went on a Poker Run in Hastings, Nebraska, on May 2nd. Sponsored by the Chapparrals, a local club formed in the 1968. They do a lot of supper runs, not an outlaw club. I think they said about 300 registrations. Lots of bikes, lots of Harleys, V Stars, and Vulcans. Weather started out nice and sunny.
That orange looking buggy was a three wheeler. Had a steering wheel and built around a ford ranger running gear. Seems more like a convertible missing a wheel.
A stretch of highway in Nebraska
Heres a picture of my lens cap
I quit taking pics on the road after this one, riding and fumbeling with the camera, not such a good idea.
First stop, Minden, NE
My riding buddies. Guy in the denim is Ken, thats his Shadow. Other dude is Joe, his Vulcan is on the other side of my Wing. He just started riding again after several years. Had an accident and stopped riding. Back in the saddle now. Theres a 1200 parked there but I never did catch the guy riding it. I did see one or two older dressed wings. Several 1500's and 1800's. Only saw one Valk. Headed south to Franklin, NE.
Stop in Franklin, Ne. Here the lady at the gas station told us they were getting hail to the north west. We were headed east at this point to Red Cloud, NE.
After the stop in Red Cloud,a little further east to Guide Rock. This is the stop in Guide Rock, Nebr before heading back north to Hastings.The lady in the red vest rode a Silverwing. She's in her 70's, got a black belt in Tae Kwan Do in the 60's.
Guard dogs
Headed north back to Hastings. Got a few sprinkles but missed the majority of the storm
For the poker run they actually used yatzee to score points. You rolled the dice at each stop and that was your score. It was a fun time and a good lunch.
83 GL 1100 bagger Ugly Betty
ALL WE WANT TO DO IS DRINK OUR ESPRESSO, RIDE OUR MACHINES, AND NOT BE HASSLED BY THE MAN
Owning a motorcycle is not a matter of life or death. It's much more important than that.
"Don't sweat the little things, guys, take care and appreciate all that you have around you!" - Fewman
NGWclub on Facebook
Cookie
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member
RIP: 1950-2011

Re: May 2nd Poker Run, Nebraska

Post by Cookie »

Wow, those clouds looked ugly.
Enjoy life,
Cookie

A guy with two sidecars can't be all bad.
Owner of 4.4 76s and one lone 75 Wings (does a spare engine make .2?)
Papa Bear
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Papa Bear »

Looks lik it was a great day!
Papa Bear

Keep your head on a swivel and your eyes open!

Current bikes: '78 Wing with '76 false tank, '76 Wing (GLzilla) with 1200 bottom and 1000 top end, '82 GS850 beater bike. '84 1200 project motor.

Previous bikes: '72 Yamaha 250, '76 Kawi KZ400, '62 Triumph 650 Bonnie, '74 Triumph (Chopped), '78 Kawi 750 Twin, and '76 GL.
Dangeruss

Post by Dangeruss »

Nice, Looks like you had fun.
Russ
2016 K1600GT
75 GL1000 Project

States visited by Goldwing...
Whiskerfish
President
President
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/whiskerfish/

Post by Whiskerfish »

Looks Flat :-?

But like a good day action1 action1 action1 action1
"Agreement is not a requirement for Respect" CDR Michael Smith USN (Ret) 2017
"The book is wrong, this whole Conclusion is Fallacious" River Tam
"Yea I do dance awkwardly, and I am having more fun than you" Taylor Swift
2008 GL1800 IIIA "TH3DOG"
1984 GL1200 Standard
1975/6/7/8/9 Arthur Fulmer Dressed Road bike
1975 Naked Noisy and Nasty in town bike

Psst. oh and by the way CHANGE YOUR BELTS!!!!
Papa Bear
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Papa Bear »

Wasn't going to say anything, but when I lived in Omaha and went on runs out west of town, I couldn't wait to get back to roads along the river. But it fun to twist the wick on those long flat roads.
Papa Bear

Keep your head on a swivel and your eyes open!

Current bikes: '78 Wing with '76 false tank, '76 Wing (GLzilla) with 1200 bottom and 1000 top end, '82 GS850 beater bike. '84 1200 project motor.

Previous bikes: '72 Yamaha 250, '76 Kawi KZ400, '62 Triumph 650 Bonnie, '74 Triumph (Chopped), '78 Kawi 750 Twin, and '76 GL.
Brant
Board of Directors
Board of Directors
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/brant/

Post by Brant »

I expected that.. :-D ... It's not flat, it's smooth.... crossy.gif . Hwy 136 is a byway scenic route that we rode on, but I don't have pics of it. More rolling and, well, scenic. I plan to get some more pics up of some of my favorite rides that aren't AS flat. And I would love to see pics of where some of you folks ride.
83 GL 1100 bagger Ugly Betty
ALL WE WANT TO DO IS DRINK OUR ESPRESSO, RIDE OUR MACHINES, AND NOT BE HASSLED BY THE MAN
Owning a motorcycle is not a matter of life or death. It's much more important than that.
"Don't sweat the little things, guys, take care and appreciate all that you have around you!" - Fewman
NGWclub on Facebook
Dangeruss

Post by Dangeruss »

Whiskerfish wrote:Looks Flat
Uncle Gene in North Platte NE says "Nebraska is the place you can watch your dog run away........... for three days!" :P

Most people think of Nebraska as boring, but I really like the rolling sand hills of western NE and the farm land of the central plains. Something about traveling through that landscape really appeals to me. Probably because I was born in Omaha. :lol:
Russ
2016 K1600GT
75 GL1000 Project

States visited by Goldwing...