Ride west of Paso Robles

This Forum is for the sharing of information related to routes and rides. A place to share Ride Reports, Ride Video's, Routes, Stories, etc etc etc....

Moderators: CYBORG, Oldewing, Forum Moderators

rogue1000
SUPER BIKER!!!!
SUPER BIKER!!!!

Ride west of Paso Robles

Post by rogue1000 »

I took a little run out to Adelaida Rd. to Chimney Rock Rd. and back to Paso Robles friday. I was going to head up the 101 but traffic was heavy and people seemed a little nuts, so I headed west on these backroads...I stopped at Jardine Country Nut House to pick up some cold water (it was about 85 degrees out) and my friend Janice took this picture
I then went out Adelaida Rd. past quite a few wineries and some beautiful spring scenery, stopping at the Adelaida Cemetery to wander amoung the gravestones...another beautiful, peaceful spot. It is said that a lady in white appears most nights after midnight there, and lingers around some of the upper grave sites, but I can't confirm that....
I headed back into town via Cimney Rock road and then through Paso to the square to have lunch in the shade. Groups of HD's came through and parked around the square as they could, and just when I thought I must have the only non-HD within 100 sq. miles, along comes a group of MotoGuzzies of all vintages and styles. Ten minutes later, a '74 Honda 750 four parked next to me and chatted me up...it was a good ride..
Brian Crow
1977 gl1000, with California sidecar
"KBO"!! Keep bungling on! Winston Churchill
"Bound is boatless man"
CYBORG

Re: Ride west of Paso Robles

Post by CYBORG »

what! no pictures of janice? sounds like a nice ride. makes me miss my days in so cal. for a little while at least
1978 custom GL1000
1977 custom with 1200 engine
1985 gl1200
Placerville
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member

Post by Placerville »

Thanks, Rogue. I miss the central coast. Since my Mom has moved from Cambria to be near me, I haven't been to the SLO/Morro Bay/Cambria area for two years now. I think the wife and I need to plan a getaway to that region soon. Ever stayed at the Ragged Point Inn? Great spot for a quick get-a-way.
Placerville - 1976 Yellow
Survivor - BOTM - May 2011

New and Confused ?
Push the Big Button
Brant
Board of Directors
Board of Directors
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/brant/

Post by Brant »

Still a little cool here in the heartland. Thanks for sharing. Moved to ride reports.
83 GL 1100 bagger Ugly Betty
ALL WE WANT TO DO IS DRINK OUR ESPRESSO, RIDE OUR MACHINES, AND NOT BE HASSLED BY THE MAN
Owning a motorcycle is not a matter of life or death. It's much more important than that.
"Don't sweat the little things, guys, take care and appreciate all that you have around you!" - Fewman
NGWclub on Facebook
rogue1000
SUPER BIKER!!!!
SUPER BIKER!!!!

Post by rogue1000 »

Sorry Brant, I thought that I had posted in Ride Reports....Placerville, I ride over to Cambria all the time...in fact, I was going to head to Ragged Point Inn on the day of this ride, but the childbride needed me to meet her in Paso and that made it too far to go.
Anybody planing to ride Hwy.1 ( say from Morro Bay to Monterey) this time of year should only plan on riding it from north to south, unless you enjoy 30 mph winds in your teeth.. lolol ..just saying..
Brian Crow
1977 gl1000, with California sidecar
"KBO"!! Keep bungling on! Winston Churchill
"Bound is boatless man"
Dangeruss

Post by Dangeruss »

Looks like a nice afternoon ride. I gotta get mine finished and back on the road, it was 75 here yesterday.
Russ
2016 K1600GT
75 GL1000 Project

States visited by Goldwing...