JENVEY TF 40mm Twin Throttle Bodies "Alberta Super Clipper"

This is where discussions of EFI systems, Dual Carbs, Single Carb mods and plans can be discussed and shared.

If you are working on or have a problem with stock carbs then your questions do not belong here, please post them in the Goldwing Tech Discussions Forum.

Moderators: sunnbobb, Neil, Forum Moderators

Casper
SUPER BIKER!!!!
SUPER BIKER!!!!

Re: JENVEY TF 40mm Twin Throttle Bodies "Alberta Super Clipp

Post by Casper »

Hi GF, the ASC project is not dead, just kinda sleeping. Since I STILL got the LTD all torn apart, and I have the 'new' 76 in a rideable condition, I have been using the new one to get some local riding time in. Also I have been busy looking after the wifey, since she had the Cancer scare a few months back (she is doing fine now). I am more focused on that part of my life, but I have not forgotten our bike project.

I have been away from the NGW for a while, in Europe on a driving tour with the better half, have you moved to FL yet?
1976 LTD, Being Returned to Stock
Standard 1976 GL1000 Being Morphed into the Alberta Super Clipper
gregforesi
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/Greg+Foresi/

Re: JENVEY TF 40mm Twin Throttle Bodies "Alberta Super Clipp

Post by gregforesi »

Hi Steve,
Sorry to hear about the wife's problem. I hope for the best for her (and the rest of your family).

We are moving stuff through ads on Craigslist and we're living out of boxes. We closed on the Florida house at the end of last month but we don't close on the current house until the end of this month. Our plan is to be in Florida permanently by June 4 or 5.
I left the 1800 down there in February and towed the 1000 down 2 weeks ago. All I have to ride is the Vespa (also for sale) which is a bit of a hit to my masculinity given the looks I get when I'm on it. I don't know if you saw, but something let go in the engine in White Trash about a week before I was set to tow it down. My quicky engine swap went well, but there is a coolant leak from the tubes on top of the new engine.

I also have to get rid of the Shasta as there will be no place to keep it in Florida. I could put it in a storage yard, but I'm concerned that the heat, humidity, and ultra-violet might junk it again. I have a nice collection of pink flablingo's (those are blinged flamingoes) that need a new home as well.
We've lived in this house for 15 years. Between the house and the barn, we have about 5800sqft that has to be squashed down to 2100. The amount of fishing equipment I managed to collect was astounding. The only GL stuff left is the engine test stand. The lack of interest in it is not terribly surprising I suppose.

I've had big fun with the NGW folks in this Michigan/Ohio/Ontario area. I'm gonna miss them. Now I have to break in a whole new crew in Florida.

Take care,
Greg
2006 GL1800 (Brutus Maximus)
1978 GL1000 (White Trash - 2012 BOTY
(If you want to discuss the Trashmobile, Webers, Rearsets, Clubmans, or other stuff then send me a PM.)
"Getting old ain't for sissies" - Phyllis Diller
"So how much you gonna spend to win that $5 trophy?" - Cyborg
Casper
SUPER BIKER!!!!
SUPER BIKER!!!!

Re: JENVEY TF 40mm Twin Throttle Bodies "Alberta Super Clipper"

Post by Casper »

This may rate as one of the Bigger Bumps in NGW history. I am doing so because I want to move my projects on to other NGWers. I would love to see these projects live on, a stock 76 LTD and then a custom 76 with some crazy stuff added. I think it might be best if I start a post in the For-Sale Forum to carry this one on, which I will do in next day or so. The price will be very-good, this aint about money, its about the bikes finding a great home. I am still a 2-wheeler, but I now spend a lot of time in my Caribbean Home and I mostly ride a Vespa Scoot for heavens sake. But I did go with the biggest model they had, a whopping 300cc dancr
skydog
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by skydog »

Hi Steve ! Nice to "see' you again !
75 naked "Blue Streak" gone
78 fairing bags "Brownie" 4 sale
80 standard project 4 sale
84 Standard, Vetter bags "Horse with no name"
85 Interstate gone
84 aspy
86 aspy
"When the day comes to settle down,who's to blame if you're not around?You took the long way home"
Rat
Photo Gallery Admin
Photo Gallery Admin
My Album: https://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/rat/
RIP: cookie

Post by Rat »

Nice to 'see' you again

Gord
"I'd rather Ride than Shine"
‘14 KLR650 ... not a rat ... yet
‘84 GL1200i ‘R2B6' (Rat to Be 6, the last, adopted by twowings)
My Original 'RAT' was a hybrid '82 CB900/1100F
wingrider
SUPER BIKER!!!!
SUPER BIKER!!!!

Post by wingrider »

Great to see you back, but sorry that the projects are aren’t going in your favor.
2002 1800 Wing
2001 Valkyrie Interstate
1978 1200 EFI Wing with Motorvation Coupe Royale sidecar
1977 1200 Wing cafe/bobber project
1974 Suzuki GT550
ericheath
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member

Post by ericheath »

Good to hear from you. I was wondering what happened. So sorry to hear you left Calgary for the Carribean.
Whatever I suggest here should be given ample time for a moderator to delicately correct. I apologize in advance.
77 WING, 1200 engine with 77 heads, cams, gl1100 foot pegs, Magna V65 front end, 764A carbs, [-gone Suzuki M109 monoshock--, replaced with gl1100 shocks] gl 1200 swing arm, gl1500 final drive, wheel and rear brakes Valkyrie seat, Meanstreak tank, Sportster pipes, Power Arc ignition off crank.
77 Wing. black
83 Wing, in pieces
"Continuing education is important even if the subject matter is fairly useless (as in this case)."---Greg Foresi
CYBORG

Post by CYBORG »

Where in the Caribbean? I lived for a while on Virgin Gorda, and sometimes wonder why I moved back
1978 custom GL1000
1977 custom with 1200 engine
1985 gl1200
Casper
SUPER BIKER!!!!
SUPER BIKER!!!!

Post by Casper »

Hi Guys, thanks for the kind words. Our Caribbean home is on Bonaire, we bought there for a few reasons. One being it is considered to be out of the Hurrican Belt. We have not fully left Canada, we still have our home in Calgary and a summer lake cabin out in BC. Plan is for 6-8 months down south and the rest between Calgary and BC. I was out at my Calgary shop yesterday starting to round up and catalog all the bits that will go along with the two 76 bikes. I felt a bit sad as it was a fun project to work on, but life goes on. I will post the list and some pictures here, as it might be a good spot to catch someones attention who is interested in an alternative way to get the fuel and air into the cylinders. I will also do up a ‘For Sale’ thread.
robin1731
Membership Admin
Membership Admin

Post by robin1731 »

mmmmmmmmmmmmm Calgary is only 1833 miles away. :orange :roll: lolol

1976 Goldwing Super Sport
1985 Honda Elite
1976 KZ900 Dragbike
1992 ZX7 Dragbike (KZ900 style motor w/NOS)
and a rotation of various purchases
Randakk approved Carb Rebuilder
Steven UK
Chrome Member
Chrome Member

Post by Steven UK »

I did a project recently on an old truck. The original goldwing manifold looks ideal for adding injectors straight in there and using a central throttle body. Just thinking out loud. I used the micro squirt on my last project.

Is this project still alive....?
GL1100 1981 (A bike that is determined not to be ridden...!)
robin1731
Membership Admin
Membership Admin

Post by robin1731 »

The OP was last here in June of 2018.
1976 Goldwing Super Sport
1985 Honda Elite
1976 KZ900 Dragbike
1992 ZX7 Dragbike (KZ900 style motor w/NOS)
and a rotation of various purchases
Randakk approved Carb Rebuilder
Casper
SUPER BIKER!!!!
SUPER BIKER!!!!

Post by Casper »

Well........

Casper the OP is indeed still alive but the old ASC project is of course no longer so. However, I still do have all the parts to make it live once again! I know that I am very remote, and given the current C-19 stuff even more so for my US based friends. But it is all for FREE for the first taker. No shipping, but you gotta come by my Calgary shop with a good sized truck/van/trailer and 2 bikes and a bunch of stuff is yours. I would really love to see this project get done.

Sorry for the long-long-long absence folks, but lots of other stuff going on in my life in the last few years, mostly good.

The bikes and parts are not going anywhere, if anyone has an interest, even long term let me know with a PM.

Cheers to all.
gregforesi
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/Greg+Foresi/

Post by gregforesi »

I haven't been dropping in here very much and there you are. Good to hear you're doing well. It's a shame really about the Clipper. I figured if anyone could get it done with the Jenvey's it would be you.
Things are better in the sun eh? A 300 would be gigantic. Here's my latest. I finally got a Hardley Davison. I should have called it a GL48. The little sucker breaks about every day. It does give me something to putz with during the lockdown.
A Bike1.JPG
A Bike1.JPG (143.89 KiB) Viewed 534 times
2006 GL1800 (Brutus Maximus)
1978 GL1000 (White Trash - 2012 BOTY
(If you want to discuss the Trashmobile, Webers, Rearsets, Clubmans, or other stuff then send me a PM.)
"Getting old ain't for sissies" - Phyllis Diller
"So how much you gonna spend to win that $5 trophy?" - Cyborg
Rat
Photo Gallery Admin
Photo Gallery Admin
My Album: https://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/rat/
RIP: cookie

Post by Rat »

Rigged for fishing ....

Gord anim-cheers1
"I'd rather Ride than Shine"
‘14 KLR650 ... not a rat ... yet
‘84 GL1200i ‘R2B6' (Rat to Be 6, the last, adopted by twowings)
My Original 'RAT' was a hybrid '82 CB900/1100F