Tips and Recommendations from Guru Mike Nixon

Moderator: Whiskerfish

5speed
SUPER BIKER!!!!
SUPER BIKER!!!!

Re: Carburetor sync gauges

Post #31 by 5speed » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:51 pm

mikenixon wrote:
I can't tell from your question if you put each gauge on a carb and were actually syncing, or if you fed all four to one carb and were calibrating the tools. If syncing, what happened when you used the adjuster to alter the pair of carbs that included the one low-reading carb? If calibrating, what happened when you turned the low gauge's calibrating screw?

The guages in the link appear to be the ones that everyone is saying have calibration screws and at the same time are the lowest cost ones avaialable.

sorry..I was posting caffeine deficient. lol
we had them hooked up to the carbs and if we adjusted them it remained approx the same compared to the gauge for the other carb.
I didn't think about nor test the gauges in regards to calibrating them. I need to do my 82 so I will check the gauges against each other before hand.

mikenixon
Early 'Wing Guru
Early 'Wing Guru

Post #32 by mikenixon » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:29 am

:)

sgwilly
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post #33 by sgwilly » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:59 am

Remember, there is no adjustment for #3. It is what it is and the other carbs need to come to it. But before you do that, get a constant vacuum source and make sure all your gauges are synced. I did mine with a mity-vac.

Return to “Mike Nixon's Spot”