Interesting motorcycles and interesting people

Tips and Recommendations from Guru Mike Nixon

Moderator: Whiskerfish

mikenixon
Early 'Wing Guru
Early 'Wing Guru

Re: Interesting motorcycles and interesting people

Post by mikenixon »

rcmatt007 wrote:I still have my Dynakit Pat-4 pre-amp and a dynakit stereo 120 amp for my stereo system
That similar to Heathkit?
rcmatt007
Treasurer
Treasurer
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/rcmatt007/

Post by rcmatt007 »

yes. unlike the earlier dynakits with tubes, the stereo 120 has that new fangled thing called transistors!
mikenixon
Early 'Wing Guru
Early 'Wing Guru

Post by mikenixon »

rcmatt007 wrote:yes. unlike the earlier dynakits with tubes, the stereo 120 has that new fangled thing called transistors!
LOL! :)
ancientdad
Cast Iron Member
Cast Iron Member

Post by ancientdad »

mikenixon wrote:
Rednaxs60 wrote:I think it's that we have a skill set that is quickly disappearing and we want to keep our share alive.
Agree completely - I say it all the time when new, younger members of another site I'm on talk about taking their twin to a local Honda shop to get the engine rebuilt because they don't think they can - the techs at that shop are younger than the bike you need rebuilt and they likely don't know enough about them

Yup. Just got into the shop a pair of early 70s Honda twins, both with less than 6,000 miles. I could stare at them for hours.... Am I sick or what? :)
Of course - I think we all are, I know that feeling too. Even after [urlhttps://www.hondatwins.net/forums/1-project-log ... -time.html]my 450[/url] was finished, I'd find myself in the garage for something and end up looking at my bike for quite a few minutes, enjoying the result of my hundreds of hours of effort... quite satisfying.
ancientdad
Cast Iron Member
Cast Iron Member

Post by ancientdad »

ancientdad wrote:
mikenixon wrote:
Rednaxs60 wrote:I think it's that we have a skill set that is quickly disappearing and we want to keep our share alive.
Agree completely - I say it all the time when new, younger members of another site I'm on talk about taking their twin to a local Honda shop to get the engine rebuilt because they don't think they can - the techs at that shop are younger than the bike you need rebuilt and they likely don't know enough about them

Yup. Just got into the shop a pair of early 70s Honda twins, both with less than 6,000 miles. I could stare at them for hours.... Am I sick or what? :)
Of course - I think we all are, I know that feeling too. Even after my 450 was finished, I'd find myself in the garage for something and end up looking at my bike for quite a few minutes, enjoying the result of my hundreds of hours of effort... quite satisfying.
new here and briefly confused - yesterday I could edit my posts, today there's no edit link available, only quote... ?? and my replies to PMs are sitting in the outbox as well, none sent
Sagebrush
Run Executive
Run Executive
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/album269/

Post by Sagebrush »

and my replies to PMs are sitting in the outbox as well, none sent
Items in your outbox will stay there until the recipient opens them whereupon they will be moved to your sent folder.
ancientdad
Cast Iron Member
Cast Iron Member

Post by ancientdad »

Sagebrush wrote:
and my replies to PMs are sitting in the outbox as well, none sent
Items in your outbox will stay there until the recipient opens them whereupon they will be moved to your sent folder.
ahh... thanks, different forum, different way it works. now about the lack of an edit command that was there yesterday...?
Rat
Photo Gallery Admin
Photo Gallery Admin
My Album: https://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/rat/
RIP: cookie

Post by Rat »

Hmmmm .... mine’s gone too .... maybe gone home for the Holidays ??

Gord xmas2
Rat
Photo Gallery Admin
Photo Gallery Admin
My Album: https://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/rat/
RIP: cookie

Post by Rat »

Strange .... only in this thread .... in others the edit icon is there and functioning :IDTS:

Gord(mysterious)Jones :guitar
desertrefugee
SUPER BIKER!!!!
SUPER BIKER!!!!

Post by desertrefugee »

Robin tried to steer us back to Interesting motorcycles and interesting people earlier in this thread. But I think Mike started something golden here. He has a knack for touching on thoughts that are actually always vocalized. The ramblings induced here because of that are just a snapshot of the inner workings of the minds of the interesting collection of motorcycle-obsessed individuals that haunt this board. Perhaps it was a cyber-Freudian slip to inhibit editing the initial thoughts that spew out. Maybe editing those thoughts in this thread would not be a good thing!

Merry Christmas to all the interesting people out there! (Now about that backwards Hindu swastika…)
ancientdad
Cast Iron Member
Cast Iron Member

Post by ancientdad »

RAT wrote:Strange .... only in this thread .... in others the edit icon is there and functioning :IDTS:

Gord(mysterious)Jones :guitar
I KNEW I wasn't imagining it! now if only I could find a way to post a "like" about a post... don't see that either, and I've already read many I'd like to "like"
heraldhamster
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member

Post by heraldhamster »

ancientdad wrote:...now if only I could find a way to post a "like" about a post... don't see that either, and I've already read many I'd like to "like"
+1
(best way I've found)
ancientdad
Cast Iron Member
Cast Iron Member

Post by ancientdad »

heraldhamster wrote:
ancientdad wrote:...now if only I could find a way to post a "like" about a post... don't see that either, and I've already read many I'd like to "like"
+1
(best way I've found)
+1 :lol: tumb2