Compression revisited

Tips and Recommendations from Guru Mike Nixon

Moderator: Whiskerfish

mikenixon
Early 'Wing Guru
Early 'Wing Guru

Re: Compression revisited

Post by mikenixon »

A comment. Boring Wing cylinders is not an impossible solution. It's more work and trickier than other 70s Japanese cylinders (requiring a special cutter designed for blind holes) but the technique is well known. And although Honda does not have pistons any longer, aftermarket suppliers do, including CMSNL. Just a reminder. :)
flyday58
Chrome Member
Chrome Member

Post by flyday58 »

Some forums welcome noobs with an invitation to read their respective "info for noobs" section to avoid asking questions that have long since been answered. I vote your initial post here for that section.
action1
mikenixon
Early 'Wing Guru
Early 'Wing Guru

Post by mikenixon »

Thank you, Richard!
mikenixon
Early 'Wing Guru
Early 'Wing Guru

Post by mikenixon »

twooldwings wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:52 am another good read !

i am but a humble back-yarder, nevertheless it seems that whenever i suggest on an internet forum that a compression test might be in order, i am met with the on-line equivalent of a blank stare. compression ? pshaw ! nothing wrong with MY engine ! (other than the fact that it won't start :roll: ).
A little late to the party, sorry. But I would say your described response to the cylinder compression ethic is the one I get most often as well. It seems somewhere along the way folks have associated compression with a ride in an ambulance. In other words, they have relegated it to something done only on an engine found in a salvage yard, not their regular rider.

Return to “Mike Nixon's Spot”