Why we sync/bal on our test engines

Tips and Recommendations from Guru Pistol Pete

Moderator: Whiskerfish

pistolpete
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Why we sync/bal on our test engines

Post by pistolpete »

I had a customer ask me on the phone during the rebuild of his 775A carb set; why we sync and balance customers carb sets?

Well besides the obvious of checking for fuel issues and this is very far down on the list, we do this final step to dynamically synchronize all four carbs on our engine.
"My engine may not be the same as yours. Do I need to sync to my engine?"
It is a possibility, but doubtful. Very few of our customers find it necessary to re-do our settings. If they do it is very little.
He emailed after remounting them to his bike and said that it never ran better and that he didn't touch our settings.

Early on we discovered that if we sync to .5"/hg on our engine, most folks who re-sync after installation, only need to "touch it up" and usually less than 1.5"/hg. across the four carbs. Also, it really makes sense to do this. If you are willing to pay us for the job of rebuilding them, you should get what you pay us to do. Simple as that.

We would love to hear from forum members who had PPS rebuild rebuild their sets.
Pistol
dl1000
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Re: Why we sync/bal on our test engines

Post by dl1000 »

My experience with PPS was A+. I got the carbs for a 76 i used to have rebuilt by PPS. when they came back
I bolted 'em on and never looked back. Great customer service too. I was so impressed when Pete called me
to say the carbs were done and he was putting them in the mail that day. It's obvious customer satisfaction
is top priority.
Neil

Post by Neil »

PPS rebuilt my 1100 carbs in 2009. Took them out of the box, mounted to the engine, fired up and idled at 900 RPM. No re-sync was necessary since the gauges were right on. Fast forward to 2015 and the carbs still run great and only needed a touch up this year.
Excellent service, good parts, good people doing the work ... Nothing more to say!
pistolpete
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Post by pistolpete »

A heads up for all of you folks on the forum.

Besides the GL1000 and GL1100 carb sets, we are now offering rebuilding for the GL1500 twin carbs with engine sync and balancing.
Sometime in the near future we will also offer the same service for the GL1200 with engine sync/bal.
All with Randakks Master kit parts.

Thanx
Pistol and Moose
Pistol
Dirty Dave
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Dirty Dave »

Well,

technically my Valkyrie is a 1500 Gold Wing. Any chance those 6 carbs might end up on your list one day?