Tips and Recommendations from Guru Pistol Pete

Moderator: Whiskerfish

sunnbobb
Facebook Admin
Facebook Admin
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/sunnbobb/

Re: Media blasting carburetor or parts; yes or no

Post by sunnbobb »

Those look great. I have contemplated having Kroosa vapor blast a set I am preparing to send to you. It's a show bike, and will likely never see rain or be in a corrosive environment. Looking at your process I may forgo the vapor blasting. The caps are out in the polishing shop right now, and should be done in a hour from now. I hope to have them out to you this week.
pistolpete
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Re: Media blasting carburetor or parts; yes or no

Post by pistolpete »

sunnbobb wrote:Those look great. I have contemplated having Kroosa vapor blast a set I am preparing to send to you. It's a show bike, and will likely never see rain or be in a corrosive environment. Looking at your process I may forgo the vapor blasting. The caps are out in the polishing shop right now, and should be done in a hour from now. I hope to have them out to you this week.
sunnbobb,

Before you make that decision, send me some pictures.

We have the customers set back together and here are some pics.
Note some of the things that we do in the sync/bal process:

1) Engine syncing and balancing the set means both of these processes are completed at the same time. This allows us to static sync first and then engine tune your set on our engine.

2) When received we replace the balance stop black inserts on the set as supplied by Honda.

3) Please note the position change in the hose clamps. We do this to make sure we have a perfect seal on the carb bodies plus the tuning is completed with your parts.
Attachments
sync-balgage.jpg
sync-balgage.jpg (63.51 KiB) Viewed 843 times
sync-baltach.jpg
sync-baltach.jpg (56.33 KiB) Viewed 843 times
samplcust.jpg
samplcust.jpg (46.43 KiB) Viewed 843 times
samplecust balstop.jpg
samplecust balstop.jpg (46.48 KiB) Viewed 843 times
Pistol