1978 Goldwing w/ ST1100 front end (not installed) $1000

Miscellaneous GoldWing Related Parts, and GoldWing for sale.

Moderators: alan hawke, Forum Moderators

mTeryk
Lead Member
Lead Member

1978 Goldwing w/ ST1100 front end (not installed) $1000

Post by mTeryk »

I bought this several years ago for $1200 intending to turn it into a weekend fun bike for my fiancé and I. I knew a guy who had the same year Goldwing and he took it everywhere. At the time it was introduced, I believe, this bike was the fastest production bike made. The engine just purrs and has lots of low end torque. My plan was to swap the fork, seat and handlebar and make it into an adventure hoop dee. We got a dog soon after I got the bike so ended up taking the truck on weekend adventures and this project fell by the wayside. After cleaning it up, changing the fluids and putting a couple hundred miles on it, it has sat under a bike cover since. I just got a new project (AWD Astro) and it is time to send this to a new home.

I have replacement timing belts for it that I haven't put on. It has 66k ish miles on it and I don't know if they have been changed.
I have very low miles front wheel, forks, handlebars and brake off a '91 ST1100 that should swap on fairly easily without changing the geometry too much and give better braking and front suspension
I have the service manual for it as well as a carb rebuild manual

Tires have tread and aren't cracking but are old and should probably be replaced soon.
It started and ran fine when parked but just charged the battery and failed to start so needs a bit of work to get going again.
I'm in Corvallis,Oregon would love to see this revived and made useful for someone

914Driver
Chrome Member
Chrome Member

Re: 1978 Goldwing w/ ST1100 front end (not installed) $1000

Post by 914Driver »

Rats! Shipping to the other side of the country takes the wind out of my sails .....