83 Wing for sale in western Massachusetts

Miscellaneous GoldWing Related Parts, and GoldWing for sale.

Moderators: alan hawke, Forum Moderators

doctorbrody
Tin Member
Tin Member

83 Wing for sale in western Massachusetts

Post by doctorbrody »

1983 Honda Goldwing GL1100
58200 miles - $3500

This is one of the last “naked” Goldwings and has some nice factory and aftermarket upgrades over the earlier GL1100s. I’ve had this bike for 10 years and know every inch of it - this is an extremely well-sorted machine and will pass inspection and run trouble free with basic maintenance for many years. No leaks, burns no oil, everything works. Candy Regal Brown paint is very 80s and polishes up nice although there are plenty of minor scuffs. Custom seat has no tears and is newer than the bike. Air suspension rides like a dream with upgraded springs. Comes with a service manual, and a box of spare parts and maintenance items. Extremely good and inexpensive parts availability for a bike of this era. It’s an amazing bike, but after 10 years I want to try something different. Also this bike is so sorted I haven't had to wrench on it in a few years so maybe I'm looking for something less reliable :)

I can deliver locally

Factory upgrades for 1983:
One piece 11 spoke wheels are a big upgrade over the earlier riveted Comstar 5 spoke
150mph speedometer - earlier models go to 85mph
Shorter 1st gear, taller 5th gear vs earlier models - better acceleration and fuel economy
Anti-dive forks
Added side cases and trunk from GL 1100 Interstate (have parts to return it to standard)

Aftermarket:
Stainless brake lines, modern Nissin master cylinder
Progressive HD fork and HD shock springs
LED headlight (huge improvement over stock halogen)
Voltage indicator
Spin-on oil filter conversion
Accel Super Coil ignition
Phone/GPS charger
Fly screen

Maintenance:
Carbs rebuilt by Pistol Pete with Randakk’s viton kit, carbs recently synced, valve clearance recently adjusted, replaced timing belts, fuel lines, OEM water pump, new radiator hoses, forks and shocks rebuilt, all brake calipers rebuilt, new petcock, Dunlop Elite 3 tires in good shape, AGM battery with charger link, all fluids and filters fresh

pictures here:
https://westernmass.craigslist.org/mcy/ ... 66074.html
1983 GL1100