[Carburetor Rebuild] 1977 Honda GL1000 K2

Post your "How To", or share tips and tricks about maintenance related to four cylinder Wings. Only registered users can read this forum.

Moderators: Whiskerfish, Forum Moderators

Try
NGW Founder
NGW Founder
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery3/index.p ... wing-album

[Carburetor Rebuild] 1977 Honda GL1000 K2

Post by Try »

Jeff Pilcher's Carburetor Rebuild

Read more here
--
Try
"84 - GL1200 Standard

anim-cheers1

-
Dougal
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Dougal »

Good write up on this task. One addition from me, when removing and replacing the fuel valve, it is possible to break off one of the posts that hold the float pin if the socket used has a largish outside diameter. To prevent this I got a cheap 10mm long reach socket and ground down the outer diameter of it a bit.
And before anyone asks, I havent gained this info from my own experiences. A customer once brought a bike round for attention to teh carbs and someone had already had this problem. The post that had been broken had been wired back into position :shock:

Keith
They say WHY?, I say why not.
If God had intended motor cycles to be standard, he would'nt have given us the hacksaw.
Try
NGW Founder
NGW Founder

Post by Try »

Dougal wrote:Good write up on this task. One addition from me, when removing and replacing the fuel valve, it is possible to break off one of the posts that hold the float pin if the socket used has a largish outside diameter. To prevent this I got a cheap 10mm long reach socket and ground down the outer diameter of it a bit.
Thank Dougal, useful information!!
--
Try
"84 - GL1200 Standard

anim-cheers1

-
Dougal
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Dougal »

Try

When changing the starter motor on the 4 cylinder models many owners have ended up having the cable connection post turn, resulting in the conductor inside the motor housing ripping off of the other end of the stud. To prevent this happening I have ground down an old 10mm open ended spanner to fit the gap between the cable connection and the starter motor body, stopping the stud from turning.

Keith
They say WHY?, I say why not.
If God had intended motor cycles to be standard, he would'nt have given us the hacksaw.
Try
NGW Founder
NGW Founder

Post by Try »

Dougal wrote:Try

When changing the starter motor on the 4 cylinder models many owners have ended up having the cable connection post turn, resulting in the conductor inside the motor housing ripping off of the other end of the stud.
been there done that... :oops:
Dougal wrote: To prevent this happening I have ground down an old 10mm open ended spanner to fit the gap between the cable connection and the starter motor body, stopping the stud from turning.

Nice and easy solution Keith. respekt2
--
Try
"84 - GL1200 Standard

anim-cheers1

-