Rotary valve F7

Discuss anything about other motorcycles, accessories, riding gear and other motorcycle related topics.

Moderators: Whiskerfish, ascot, Forum Moderators

gltriker
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member

Re: Rotary valve F7

Post by gltriker »

bstuebing wrote:In the '70's I raced enduro gokarts at tracks like Mid-Ohio and Watkins Glen (and Daytona and Grattan and Nelson Ledges and Indianapolis Raceway Park and Mosport and Pocono etc.) . I had a Rupp Mean Machine with two 135cc rotary valve Komet B-Bomb(K-99) engines on methanol (and oil). The motors were from Italy.
What a ride !

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: tumb2
Cliff (74yrs ;) )

Keep your eyes and ears open and you'll learn something new, everyday. tumb2

New users please visit our "Shop Talk" for common tips and help: <---jdvorchak
http://www.ngwclub.com/forum/page/ST
^^^^^^^click up here^^^^^ :oldies

RE: a thorough fuel tank cleaning
"And your carbs will thank you. They no longer live down stream from a sewage plant." -gregforesi tumb2
"Can't see the paint when your looking thru the handlebars..........." -Oldewing ;)
"I'd rather Ride than Shine" -RAT tumb2 Me Too!!

Cliff

'75 GL1000 home built trike; http://www.ngwclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=39996
October,2017 BOTM :shock: https://nakedgoldwingsclub.com/forum/page/Welcome

previous rides:
1953 H-D Servi-car, naked, 1969-1978 (serial#53G1559 committed to memory!)
1980 CB900 Custom (triked) 1997-2003 .... R.I.P.
ericheath
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member

Post by ericheath »

Jeeez, leave it to your little brother to spill the beans and steal your thunder!!! Lol. Cool pic.

JSBail wrote:Here's a pic of a rotary valve 2 stroke Kaw my oldest brother had. He bought it new some time in the 60's, I think it was a 250 maybe a 350 but here it is in 1972 at Bonneville, that's me with the mini-bike. It's a long story but he did set a record and believe it or not it still stand to this day, the reason why is because that was the first year for that class ...... but also the last year for that class and being he was the only one competing in that class, he of course set the record and being that was the only year for that class is why it still stands.
Whatever I suggest here should be given ample time for a moderator to delicately correct. I apologize in advance.
77 WING, 1200 engine with 77 heads, cams, gl1100 foot pegs, Magna V65 front end, 764A carbs, [-gone Suzuki M109 monoshock--, replaced with gl1100 shocks] gl 1200 swing arm, gl1500 final drive, wheel and rear brakes Valkyrie seat, Meanstreak tank, Sportster pipes, Power Arc ignition off crank.
77 Wing. black
83 Wing, in pieces
"Continuing education is important even if the subject matter is fairly useless (as in this case)."---Greg Foresi
ericheath
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member

Post by ericheath »

With the improvements to forced induction, I wonder if any of the designs could make a come back.
Whatever I suggest here should be given ample time for a moderator to delicately correct. I apologize in advance.
77 WING, 1200 engine with 77 heads, cams, gl1100 foot pegs, Magna V65 front end, 764A carbs, [-gone Suzuki M109 monoshock--, replaced with gl1100 shocks] gl 1200 swing arm, gl1500 final drive, wheel and rear brakes Valkyrie seat, Meanstreak tank, Sportster pipes, Power Arc ignition off crank.
77 Wing. black
83 Wing, in pieces
"Continuing education is important even if the subject matter is fairly useless (as in this case)."---Greg Foresi
JSBail
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by JSBail »

ericheath wrote:Jeeez, leave it to your little brother to spill the beans and steal your thunder!!! Lol. Cool pic.

JSBail wrote:Here's a pic of a rotary valve 2 stroke Kaw my oldest brother had. He bought it new some time in the 60's, I think it was a 250 maybe a 350 but here it is in 1972 at Bonneville, that's me with the mini-bike. It's a long story but he did set a record and believe it or not it still stand to this day, the reason why is because that was the first year for that class ...... but also the last year for that class and being he was the only one competing in that class, he of course set the record and being that was the only year for that class is why it still stands.
What's more embarrassing is the record itself. When he made his initial qualifying run the bike did well over 100 mph and all seemed good however when it came time to make the actual record attempt, electrical gremlins popped up and the battery went dead. He had to drive all the way to Salt Lake City for a new battery but the electrical problem still persisted and he couldn't get it figured out in time and had to settle with a record set at the blistering pace of ........ 55 mph if I remember correctly. He still brags to people about setting a Bonneville record and how it still stands, he just leaves out the finer details.
Scott
Rat
Photo Gallery Admin
Photo Gallery Admin
My Album: https://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/rat/
RIP: cookie

Post by Rat »

bstuebing wrote:In the '70's I raced enduro gokarts at tracks like Mid-Ohio and Watkins Glen (and Daytona and Grattan and Nelson Ledges and Indianapolis Raceway Park and Mosport and Pocono etc.) . I had a Rupp Mean Machine with two 135cc rotary valve Komet B-Bomb(K-99) engines on methanol (and oil). The motors were from Italy.
What a ride !
GOT to hear some of those stories!!

Gord :shock:
"I'd rather Ride than Shine"
‘14 KLR650 ... not a rat ... yet
‘84 GL1200i ‘R2B6' (Rat to Be 6, the last, adopted by twowings)
My Original 'RAT' was a hybrid '82 CB900/1100F
gltriker
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member

Post by gltriker »

Rat wrote:
What a ride !
GOT to hear some of those stories!!

Gord :shock:
Me too! :oldies
Cliff (74yrs ;) )

Keep your eyes and ears open and you'll learn something new, everyday. tumb2

New users please visit our "Shop Talk" for common tips and help: <---jdvorchak
http://www.ngwclub.com/forum/page/ST
^^^^^^^click up here^^^^^ :oldies

RE: a thorough fuel tank cleaning
"And your carbs will thank you. They no longer live down stream from a sewage plant." -gregforesi tumb2
"Can't see the paint when your looking thru the handlebars..........." -Oldewing ;)
"I'd rather Ride than Shine" -RAT tumb2 Me Too!!

Cliff

'75 GL1000 home built trike; http://www.ngwclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=39996
October,2017 BOTM :shock: https://nakedgoldwingsclub.com/forum/page/Welcome

previous rides:
1953 H-D Servi-car, naked, 1969-1978 (serial#53G1559 committed to memory!)
1980 CB900 Custom (triked) 1997-2003 .... R.I.P.