Starting my build thread, since I'm getting more serious on this build. As mentioned in my introduction post, I got this bike end of summer 2018, and while I loved riding the bike, went back and forth on keeping it long term. I loved the naked wing look before getting it, and always thought the "wINgS CaN't bE cAFe'D, THeY're ToO hEAvY" criticism was silly, because on that logic just buy a modern naked sport bike...
Since getting it to the baseline of what I envisioned my naked wing to look like, the compliments and interest from people at bike meets and even just random pedestrians on the street has convinced me to embrace the bike and go all-in.
Going to catch up the build, but I missed a lot of photos because I had never intended to do a build thread.
- Phase 0: Make it my own Basic maintenance, aesthetic changes
- Phase 1: I am speed Weber 40 IDF and Ignition System
- Phase 2: 21st Century 'Wing Modernize electronics and controls
- Phase 3: What's my age again? Front fork swap? Brake and wheel upgrades?
- Italian Weber 40 IDF 82/83 Carbs
- Randakk's Gen III intake manifold
- Custom woven spark plug cables with NGK caps
- Dodge Neon Coil Pack
- Universal electric fuel pump
- Race Tech Gold Valve Emulators
- Race Tech front springs
- Patriot Suspension Front Preload Adjusters
- Hagon Adjustable Dampening Rear Shocks (32016TTSA)
- Nissin 5/8" Radial Front master cylinder
- Stainless Brake Lines
Day I got her: Early overhaul, valve clearance, cover gaskets, timing belt and tensioners. Guest appearance by my other money hole. New house, new garage, and realizing there's a lot of things that need to be done on this bike.... Had fork seals leaking. In replacing the seals, discovered a PO had attempted to drill out the oil seals, and gouged the outer base badly. Had to find some ebay replacements.