CB750 K2- How Delightfully Old School.

Discuss anything about other motorcycles, accessories, riding gear and other motorcycle related topics.

Moderators: Whiskerfish, ascot, Forum Moderators

Don R
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: CB750 K2- Now We Wait

Post #136 by Don R » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:34 am

Track T 2411 wrote:Maybe it's because my very first bicycle (a Huffy with a 'drag slick,' shorty chrome flared fenders, banana seat, tall sissy bar, and ape hangers) was that orange metallic, but I'm really digging that color! So far it looks like you found a really good deal on the paint work!

That's awesome looking and it's funny how things like your bike color sticks with you. My first bike was an old junker but my Mom gave me a pint of mountain green paint and a brush. To this day, that's my favorite color which makes Candy blue Green more special to me.
78 GL 1000, 70 CB750 sandcast, 70 CB836 hot rod, 1124cc 750 dragbike resto project.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

desertrefugee
SUPER BIKER!!!!
SUPER BIKER!!!!

Re: CB750 K2- How Delightfully Old School.

Post #137 by desertrefugee » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:33 pm

Just went through this entire thread. Too bad some of the early photos are lost. I had forgotten my comment in post #123 about having one of my old SOHC's back. Now I do! (Recall the two basket cases I recently acquired)

Going through this is giving me a serious itch to see what I've got!

Soon. Soon.
'97 Valkyrie, '86 VMax Project, '79 CBX-Z, '78 GL1000, '83 Voyager Lite Project, '78 750F BIG Project, '74 750K HUGE Project

"Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence or stupidity." - Anonymous

Lucien Harpress
True Blue Steel Biker
True Blue Steel Biker

Re: CB750 K2- How Delightfully Old School.

Post #138 by Lucien Harpress » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:30 am

Yeah, photobucket was a fantastic idea right up until it wasn't.

Trust me, I've been itching to get this thing registered and on the road all winter.

The last major hangups are steering head bearings (the current ones are SUPER-indexed) and tires/tubes. My cheap tire guy just went out of business, and while I may have found another place who can install them, I also want specific period equivalent tires, because reasons.

It may be one of those thing I get piece by piece as I can afford them. But I want to get at least a couple hundred miles under this bike this year for sure.
1969 CT90- Needs rear tube and possibly rings
1976 GL1000 (Yellow)- Carb Shenanigans.
1984 GL1200 Standard- For Sale!
1980 KZ1300- Carb balancing when the weather warms up
1972 CB750 Barn Find- Tires and Head Bearings

All advice I give is only valid until an expert corrects me.

Return to “General Motorcycle Forum”