I think that all of the parts needing painting other than those that will get dark green (side panels, shelter sides, fenders) have finally been de-rusted, cleaned, primed (etching primer) and painted (most clear coated also). The front fender has been sanded and primed. The side covers have been sanded, primed, sanded, sanding primed, sanded, primed and ready for color. Only the rear fender and shelter sides need preped for color. The saddle is at the upholsterer getting the vinyl sewn. I cut the rear fender down today and just need to pound some bumps in it for mounting before sanding down the chrome and then priming it.
But the big news for today is..... The frame is now back on the engine!!!!! Quite a milestone for me. The wife helped jockey the frame with me and I took her out to lunch to thank her (we rode the GL1800 and rode over Norris Dam on the way home).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Love 'em all.... let God sort 'em out!"
1978 GL1000 - winter project for 2020 challenge
2006 GL1800 - the Black Pearl
1979 GL1000 project - to be restored
1978 GL1000 with '75 engine - the Hunley
Ex '79 CB750F rat bike - the Rocket - SOLD!
Ex '86 SEi
Ex '77 GL1000
Ex '75 RD400
Ex '72 Penton 125 set up for flat track
Ex '73 RD250
Ex '68 TR6C - chopped