I Could Really Use the Space - New Price!
I've decided that I have too many automotive projects, and since I haven't worked on my Goldwing much over the last couple of years, it's time to let it go. The bike is a 1978 GL1000 with a title in my name and current registration. I purchased it non-running due to carburetor issues, and have disassembled it to the state that you see in the photos. All of the factory parts are included, and I've gathered a lot of nice new and aftermarket parts along the way. The frame has been sanded and painted, along with a few other components. The bike had a set of Koni shocks on it when I purchased it. Below is a list of the additional parts that are included.
1. Complete second set of carburetors with air cleaner assembly. The carbs were rebuilt with Randakk's kits, and came from a running bike. This setup was purchased from a member of this site, and it ready to bolt on including new gaskets.
2. Set of headers in very nice condition. Exhaust gaskets are included.
3. A second factory seat in very good condition with no rips or tears.
4. Another set of handlebars that are a bit lower rise than the factory bars
5. Aftermarket fender that I had intended to use for the rear of the bike.
6. What appears to be a sought after factory luggage rack in very good condition.
7. Set of engine guards (a bit rusty).
8. Front and rear master cylinders from a newer Yamaha FZ6 (rear is already installed but needs plumbed).
9. Two new Gates timing belts in boxes.
10. A new choke cable in package.
11. A couple of additional boxes of Goldwing parts from various other Goldwing models.
12. Original owner's manual and a vintage leather Honda registration holder.
This bike would make someone a great project. A lot of aftermarket parts have been gathered, and a lot of the factory parts and plastics are still in pretty good condition. I realize that some will be hesitant to take on someone else's partially disassembled project, but everything that was removed is included.
I'd like to sell this project bike as as package deal for $975.00 or best offer. New Price of $800.00! Another new price of $650.00! I have 3/4 of this price invested in the carb set, seat, and headers. The bike and rest of the components are an added bonus! I'm located in Oskaloosa, IA (zip code 52577), and the bike will need to be picked up here.
Feel free to respond to this post or send a private message if you have any questions, or need any additional information.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Newell33
on Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:08 am, edited 6 times in total.
1978 GL1000 - Project Bike
2007 Yamaha FZ6 - Daily Rider