Driveshaft Boot

cross over parts from other wings, hondas, or any other parts sources that can be used on our wings.

Moderators: robin1731, Rat, Forum Moderators

jasowiii
Tin Member
Tin Member

Driveshaft Boot

Post by jasowiii »

Anyone know a source for a driveshaft dust boot for an 83 GL1100?
2018 Goldwing Tour
2021 KTM 890
2020 KTM 300
1998 Gasgas 270
1983 Honduro DirtWing D-CAT Limited Edition
Sidecar Bob
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member

Re: Driveshaft Boot

Post by Sidecar Bob »

Have you asked your local Honda powersports dealer if they can order one for you?

If they turn out to be NLA I have a suggestion: Some years ago someone on CX500forum needed a swingarm boot for his GL500 (same as GL650, CX500E, CX650E but NOT the same as any GoldWing) and found that they were NLA. He took the old one to an auto parts place when they weren't busy and found someone who was willing to look through what they had to find something that could be made to work with a little bit of modification. He bought one' installed it and shared the information with the forum.
When I was putting Eccles (CX650E based winter sidecar machine) together in 2006 I bought the same one and it is still on the bike 18 years later. The fellow who found the one that fits hasn't been on the forum for over 15 years but I've told a lot of people about the one that fits over the years :orange
Mr. Honda ('83 GL1100/Dnepr) summer How a motorcycle evolves thread
The Famous Eccles ('84 CX650EI/VeloUral) winter Never Ending Build (CX500forum)
Click: Colour schematics for all GL1000 & GL1100 and GL1200 standard models plus instructions on how to download the full size version
"A guy with two sidecars can't be all bad." - Cookie
Another guy with two sidecars..... Hmmmm... must be something to that....