Single Carb, is it for me?

This is where discussions of EFI systems, Dual Carbs, Single Carb mods and plans can be discussed and shared.

If you are working on or have a problem with stock carbs then your questions do not belong here, please post them in the Goldwing Tech Discussions Forum.

Moderators: sunnbobb, Neil, Forum Moderators

Old Fogey
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member

Re: Single Carb, is it for me?

Post by Old Fogey »

CYBORG wrote:Most carbs, new or old, are made of the same stuff. Maybe what we need is something that will separate the ethanol out of the tank before it gets to the carbs
Or the water out of the ethanol. Then make sure that the float bowls are emptied if it's going to sit for any time.
"Impossible Is Just a Level of Difficulty!..."
If I'd wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better! (Johann Cruyff)
I’d give my right arm to be ambidextrous! :-D
Qui-gon
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qui-gon »

I'm not sure it's entirely down to the corn syrup. I had an unmolested rack of 75 carbs with parts bike I acquired which had only one carb body out of 4 that looked like that. The others were like new so maybe material quality is a factor?
1975 GL1000 Sold!
1976 GL1000 "GL1's evil twin" Supercharged cafe racer. Build thread Here
1977 GL1000 Black sorta resto project!
Now in Florida working for a living Ugh!.....projects on hold mostly!

Image Image
82aspy
True Blue Steel Biker
True Blue Steel Biker

Post by 82aspy »

roncar wrote:Most of the commercially available single carb setups (in the past) have been pricey, at least to me. As such they have not been an option to me. Even with their high cost, from what I've read, most of these commercial ventures have failed not from viability, but other reasons, (personal issues, sickness, profitability, etc.) Niche markets, with a limited audience, are tough.
bingo, niche market, at best
"there is a Darwinian element"
Yoda said, "There is no try or not try; there is only do or don't do."
=====================
ngw quotes anim-cheers1 - \ "I will strip the beast" \ "the swingarm is just a hunk of metal" \ "gonna maybe ...dunno yet" \ "It's never done, thats the fun." \ "something about this site brings me back"
AussieGold
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by AussieGold »

i think i will have a crack at this single carb caper. i will keep in mind the requirement to report the findings in a neutral manner. :twisted:
Mentor to all self appointed (and genuine) GURUS.

An LTD is........it just is.